Home » Decorating & Home » Shopping » Thrift More & Score » Recent Thrift Booty – Atomic Teacups and Rio Grand Ware

April 16, 2009

Recent Thrift Booty – Atomic Teacups and Rio Grand Ware

easter-09-003Ugh!  I realized I had been slouching a little in the thrifted finds department.  Not that I have slacked on thrifting at all, oh no. That is going juuuuuuuust fine.  I have just been remiss on posting pictures of my booty!

This is a totally GORGEOUS vintage snack set on a lazy suzan that Hubs and I picked up for $7.50 at a recent auction.  easter-09-004For those of you that were hoping this would make it into my store, I say to you: Tough luck.  This pristine beauty is going to be used right here in our house.

It looks as if it was hardly used, and there is not a single scratch or chip on anything.

And check out this mark on the bottom! Rio Grande Ware from Dallas. Every piece of the set has this on the bottom. I did a little searching online for similar pieces, which I found in mostly pink and gray, but nothing exactly like this. easter-09-005

Here is the hand-painted wooden lazy susan that the tray pieces sit on. The feathers are silver and bronze, which I adore. There are a couple spots on the tray where the paint has chipped or worn off, but for the most part it is in excellent vintage condition.

The only sad part is that it doesn’t match the kitchen.  Of course, a pink and gray set would have looked better there, but this looks pretty good on the three season porch and in the basement bar. Can’t wait to have a dinner party to try it out!

easter-09-007Here are some great tea cups I picked up recently at the local Goodwill. The were having a sale, and I picked up these cups and a mug for $1. They are a really neat atomic pattern. They say USA on the bottom, and I would be happy if anyone could identify this for me.  I really need to get a book or something so I can get better at identifying patterns and makers!

Well, that is all I have taken pictures of right now, but I will be sure to keep you guys updated when I take some more!

This post is submitted in Vintage Thingies Thursdays on the Colorado Lady!

11 Responses to Recent Thrift Booty – Atomic Teacups and Rio Grand Ware

1. Tikimama Reply

April 16, 2009 at 6:15 am

I have to have those teacups! They are destined to be mine! Are they going into your shop! I can’t stop using exclamation points!

April 16, 2009 at 9:40 am

Sorry, Lisa – Hubs loves them and so they stay here. But it seems to be a pretty common pattern around here, so if I see anymore teacup awesomeness I will make sure to pick some up for you. In the meantime, I will hopefully be uploading the pic to Flickr soon and adding it to the Atomic Tea Party!

3. Tikimama Reply

April 16, 2009 at 11:40 am

Dang. Well, at least they’ll be in my Flickr group! And definitely pick up more if you see them – I’ve never seen this pattern before.

April 16, 2009 at 12:09 pm

Ruth, What lovely finds! The lazy susan set is really fantastic. And the teacups, well, they are just too cool! Great deals too. If you really are interested in finding out the name of the pattern you could send a pic to Replacements, Ltd. at http://www.replacements.com and they could probably help you out with that. They helped me out a while back and were super nice about it.

5. Anonymous Reply

April 16, 2009 at 4:46 pm

very cool

6. Roslyn Atwood Reply

April 16, 2009 at 5:29 pm

Those are all very retro but especially the cups.
    You found some bargains enjoy using them!

7. Bea Reply

April 16, 2009 at 8:53 pm

I love that pattern on those cups. They look like Eames.

8. CC Reply

April 16, 2009 at 9:14 pm

I love the lazy susan and the tea cups.What great finds. Happy VTT and have a lovely weekend.

9. fitty Reply

April 17, 2009 at 4:31 am

I love your cups.. so pretty.. happy VTT, belated. have a great day!

10. Miri Reply

April 17, 2009 at 7:07 am

Great Lasy Susan set but those cups…oooh I love those 50s cups!

11. Debi Morgan Reply

May 2, 2014 at 4:30 pm

I have this lazy Susan set in brown. It was my mothers, and I remember her using it back in the 1950s at her parties. I used to come downstairs the morning after a party and head straight for this lazy susan because it always had some goodies left over for my breakfast. I’ve looked online to try to find a value but haven’t had any luck. I was going to sell it on ebay but want to price it right. Any idea of its worth?