Home » Decade » 1950 » Houses In My Mid-Century Neighborhood – Part 3

May 31, 2009

Houses In My Mid-Century Neighborhood – Part 3

Here are more houses from a recent run in my mid-century neighborhood.

I know, you are supposed to save the best for last, but check out this baby!  A dome house, right in my own backyard.  I love the  accent colors on this one, the same kelly green as the trees in the yard. houses-0171

Another great house, but I always feel sorry for these people!  The wild turkeys have made base camp in their backyard, and are always hanging out around the house…houses-0161

I know this isn’t a great shot of this house, but don’t you love the house numbers??  Some of my favorite in the whole city.

houses-0031

And this isn’t that great of a photo either.  This was actually taken from the car, driving by a 45, but I love this house and had to post a picture!

houses-0121

Stay tuned for more neighborhoods!

7 Responses to Houses In My Mid-Century Neighborhood – Part 3

May 31, 2009 at 9:02 am

OMG, those are FANTASTIC homes!

May 31, 2009 at 2:11 pm

You REALLY just have the most amazing homes there! I almost cannot believe it, they are like the best mid mod homes ever – on these amazingly HUGE lots. They are fantastic. Now, if we could only see the inside……I must work on hubby about moving to Michigan! Now, will I be able to deal with cold and snow in the winters??? 🙂 Tikimama, what do you think?

3. Tikimama Reply

May 31, 2009 at 4:06 pm

Ha ha, Sara! I just left a comment on the last post saying I didn’t think I could hack the cold! Maybe you and your hubby and I and mine could go in on a Michigan summer home! No, really.

May 31, 2009 at 4:09 pm

Yes, we should seriously think about this summer home idea……. 🙂

May 31, 2009 at 4:12 pm

Ruth, I wanted to say I really LOVE that house where the wild turkeys are, that is to bad they have started up a turkey camp there! I wonder if there is anyone they can call? That house is awesome!

• RetroRuth Reply

June 1, 2009 at 1:06 pm

Those stupid turkeys. They are all over around here. I actually don’t think the people mind that much, I know I never see them out chasing the turkeys around, like I would be!

6. Kyle Engelhart Reply

August 13, 2009 at 6:53 pm

I want to live in your neighborhood! I came across your page doing location scouting for a client. Too bad your in Midland and I’m in Detroit.