Home » Decade » 1940 » Houses in My Mid-Century Neighborhood – Part 2

May 28, 2009

Houses in My Mid-Century Neighborhood – Part 2

Ok, so I took my camera with me when I went for a run a few days ago, and I got some more house pictures for all of you!  These aren’t technically in my neighborhood – they are a few streets over, but I love them and thought I would add them to the mix!

houses-001

Gorgeous house, I love the lights!

houses-0131

The blue garage door on this doesn’t quite go, in my opinion, but I can appreciate the look they were going for!

houses-010This house is enormous. This picture is only a third of the actual, sprawling house.

houses-009

A cute ranch, much more scaled down the the ones around it!

houses-007

Another HUGE house. Asian-inspired, by the look of the outside.  I could only get a portion of the house in the picture, but check out the great wood accents. That front door is phenomenal!

Well, that is enough for now.  I will post more photos of houses soon!

6 Responses to Houses in My Mid-Century Neighborhood – Part 2

May 28, 2009 at 11:23 am

Oh my God! I love all of the houses in your area, they are SOOOO awesome. Just out of curiosity, what would you say an average selling price of these houses would be. Would they be similar to the house you posted, a few weeks ago, that was for sale for $189,000?

• RetroRuth Reply

May 28, 2009 at 12:02 pm

Hi Sara! Glad you like the house, I love them! These houses would be much more. The one for $189,000 was smaller and had a smaller yard. These would probably be $300,000 plus.

2. Tikimama Reply

May 28, 2009 at 3:51 pm

Wowee! It’s official, Sara and I are moving!!! These would be 800,000 homes in our areas! They are spectacular – nothing like the modest homes in my neighborhood!

May 28, 2009 at 4:54 pm

YEA!!! Tikimama and I are moving to Ruth’s retro wonderland! I am totally in! Now, how can we talk our hubbys into it? 🙂 Hmmmmmm, I will have to think about this one. Yes, Lisa, you are absolutely right – houses would be that much. 🙁 Check this house out, that I just found in central Phoenix.

It is from 1962, and all they are asking is $649,000! BLAH!!! I could never afford that in a million years! And, zillow is saying it is actually worth $728,000, if you can believe that! And, look at the way it is *squeezed* onto that lot – not room for much else. And, after all that money, you still just get a silly old carport! You can see more pics of the house if you click on the listing website (but they don’t show that much). Where are these rock bottom prices we are hearing so much about???

May 29, 2009 at 9:21 am

Come on up, guys! Plenty of houses here…just can’t guarentee a job to go with them. Rats. But we could take road trips to visit Sablemable!

May 29, 2009 at 11:47 am

Yea for road trips! Let’s go visit Sablemable and check out all the cool houses by her!