Home » Decorating & Home » Mid-Century House For Sale-Right Down The Street!

May 2, 2009

Mid-Century House For Sale-Right Down The Street!

outside-of-house Oh my goodness. This fantastic house right down the street from me is for sale right now.

Hubs and I keep an eye on the houses that come up for sale, even though we are totally happy with our place.  But every once in a while, we turn a little green with envy.  This was one of the situations, so I thought that I would share our envy with everyone so we aren’t the only ones.

Look at this amazing house! How fantastic is this??

built-in-sofaI am speechless. Look at this amazing banquet sofa in the formal living room!! Oh my God!

copper-fireplace

By now I was practically crying as we looked at this. Check out the amazing copper fireplace.  I have never even seen anything like that!

On a side note, it is obvious that this place was “updated” in the 80’s.  I didn’t include a picture of the kitchen because it was totally gutted and redone with oak cabinets. Poor kitchen. master-bedroom

The master bedroom. Wow. Check please.  If I was touring this house, I would be ready to buy at this point. Where do we sign?

family-room

The family room in the basement. I ADORE that paneled wall…

pool

Oh good Lord. An indoor, heated pool. Just in case everything else wasn’t enough!

So…anyone wanna be my neighbor???

8 Responses to Mid-Century House For Sale-Right Down The Street!

1. Queen of Fifty Cents Reply

May 2, 2009 at 7:26 am

OMG–the house of my dreams, and it would have to be at the wrong time in the wrong place (no offense!). How can you be so cruel?!

2. 50s Pam Reply

May 2, 2009 at 12:44 pm

WOW! Any pink bathrooms? How much are they asking?

May 2, 2009 at 1:39 pm

OH MY GOD!!! I LOVE that house; and ALL of that for only $189,000!!! You have got to be kidding me. Your neighborhood is awesome Ruth. Mike and I have to move there immediately. Now, are there any engineering jobs available in Midland??? 🙂

May 4, 2009 at 10:42 am

Ohhh…it is pretty, isn’t it? No pics of bathrooms, Pam, which makes me think that they are original too. They only take pics if they are updated! I think it is sold already – too bad I missed the open house on that one!!

5. Jane Reply

May 5, 2009 at 11:12 am

INCREDIBLE house for just $189,00! Why isn’t it much, much more? I am so moving there. (But they have to leave the cool wall decor in the basement or the deal’s off.)

Ruth, you HAVE to find a friend to buy it. Just think what some people would do to that beautiful home.

6. Karen Reply

May 5, 2009 at 10:20 pm

I. WANT. IT. Seriously. Midland isn’t so far from Grand Rapids, right? $189,000. It could be my little getaway. Sigh. Thanks for sharing!

7. darkstarvintage Reply

May 5, 2009 at 10:37 pm

Oh my LORD, that looks friggin’ AMAZING! Sorry, I’m a newcomer to your blog….found it through Twitter, like the lemming that I am….hehe.

Anyways, when do we move in? Gorgeous….sigh….

May 14, 2009 at 7:29 pm

OMG, I’m in love with this house! It’s so beautiful it makes me want to weep for joy!