Home » Decade » 1950 » More Thrift Finds – Thrifted Linens

May 24, 2009

More Thrift Finds – Thrifted Linens

Hubs and I are busy getting ready for a dinner party tonight, so I thought I would show off a few more pictures of some thrifted items to entertain you all!

Here are two vintage tableclothes I picked up on a recent trip to the local Goodwill. This one is a great brown daisy print, and it looks great on the three season porch.  Am I keeping this one?? Maaaaaybe….vintage-finds-013

Here is a close-up of the print.vintage-finds-014The other is a Christmas tablecloth, rectangular and a little bigger than the daisy one.  I love the poinsettias on this, so vintage!vintage-finds-016

Sadly, when I finally unfurled and inspected this one, I found a hole, a pretty big one, on one of the sides.  Hmmm…now I have to decide whether I want to patch the hole, or turn this tablecloth into some Christmas pillows or something…what do you guys think?vintage-finds-017

Hope you are having a great weekend!

6 Responses to More Thrift Finds – Thrifted Linens

May 24, 2009 at 11:03 am

I think you should keep the daisy/checked tablecloth! Luv it!

Show the side with the hole so we can see what you’ve got to work with, Ruth. Maybe we can come up with ideas to salvage the TC.

May 24, 2009 at 1:24 pm

Yes, let’s see the holes. Maybe you could make it into a smaller tablecloth by cutting off the ends with the holes? It is a cute tablecloth!

3. Tikimama Reply

May 25, 2009 at 3:58 pm

My suggestion is for you to whip up some cute Christmas aprons for all of us!~ 😀

May 25, 2009 at 8:56 pm

Great idea Tikimama! 🙂

5. Mary-Frances Main Reply

May 26, 2009 at 9:26 am

Wow, what fabulous tablecloths – I have a collection and just LOVE using them!
    Awesome house too! I’m so glad I stumbled on to you!

May 26, 2009 at 10:56 am

Ha ha! Christmas aprons, huh? Those would actually be really cute. 🙂 I will take a close-up of the hole with a ruler so you guys can see it.

Oh, and the vintage tablecloth collection got a work-out this weekend! I covered every surface with a cloth.

Thanks, Mary-Frances for stopping by! Gotta love the vintage linens.