Home » Decorating & Home » Time Capsule Homes » My Parent’s Vintage Trailer

May 9, 2009

My Parent’s Vintage Trailer

ruths-pictures-004So, my parents haven’t lived in their house for almost a year since they were flooded out.  They didn’t want to live in a hotel or apartment, so they are temporarily living in a trailer.  It is really cute and vintage!  It is from 1973, and is in good shape.

Here is a view from the kitchen into the little living room.

I love the legs on all of the cabinets in the kitchen, and I am pretty sure that is the original flooring. ruths-pictures-002

Here is a close-up of the floor. I would have taken more floor pictures, but my mom is really embarassed because she hasn’t had time to clean lately since we have been so busy moving and painting. ruths-pictures-003

Here is a sink full of (mostly) clean dishes. You can see a little bit of the backsplash in this picture. My mom made the curtains in the background, which go really well in the kitchen. I love the avocado green sink with the metal ring.

Once again, I would have taken more pictures, but it was dirty.

Here is one of my favorite things in the trailer, the vintage light fixture in the living room!

Hope everyone had a good week, and I can’t wait to return to normal life next week!

6 Responses to My Parent’s Vintage Trailer

1. 50s Pam Reply

May 9, 2009 at 10:22 am

Very cool. There are many a day that I wished I lived someplace tiny with no room for my clutter. Vintage mobile homes can be very cool.

2. Tikimama Reply

May 9, 2009 at 12:44 pm

Um, excuse me, what is up with that armchair in the background of the first photo?! Looks to be mid-century – is it?

Tell your mom no worries – we are not here to critique cleanliness or housekeeping – we just wanna see the vintage STUFF!! Cool trailer – did they buy it?

3. atomiccitymom Reply

May 10, 2009 at 10:06 am

I love it! My favorite is the avocado sink- I think because I miss the huge avocado tub in one of my old apartments! Thanks for sharing!

May 11, 2009 at 2:07 pm

Those “old” trailers are really something! Right in-line with mid century modern, they were!

We used to have a 1967 Streamline that had a pink (!) bathroom and turquoise appliances. For those not familiar with the Streamline, it looked like an Airstream, but didn’t have the high price tag. Don’t know if Streamline is made any longer.

5. Amy Reply

May 11, 2009 at 4:47 pm

That is SO cool! I love the bench cabinet legs – and the avocado coloured sinks!

May 11, 2009 at 5:09 pm

Thanks, everyone!

Wow, sablemable, I would love to have that Streamline! My parents’ trailer has a turquoise bathroom, but I was forbidden from taking pics by my mom because of the dirt!

Unfortunately, those aren’t MCM chairs, Lisa. They are just modern birch chairs my mom liked, but they do kind of have an MCM vibe to them…and they do own the trailer! They bought it after the flood, and are just going to rent it out for a while. I think they secretly want to sell the old house and move back into the trailer! 🙂