Home » Decorating & Home » Shopping » Thrift More & Score » Thrifted Vintage Dress – Pierre Cardin Silk

May 23, 2009

Thrifted Vintage Dress – Pierre Cardin Silk

So, I was at the Salvation Army the other day, when I found the most awesome vintage ram lamp, which was the subject of yesterday’s post.  I thought that was enough of for my trip, so I was about to head out of the store, when I decided to take a swing through the dress section before I left.

While I was looking all all the rows of dresses, a little quilted sleeve caught my eye in passing.  I tugged on it, and low and behold, an entire gray dress had been crammed into the rack.  Not only that, it was 100% silk.  Not only that, but it was vintage Pierre Cardin. Score!

Unfortunately and fortunately, this dress doesn’t fit me.  But that is ok, because now my online shop will have a new item living there.

But I get to enjoy the dress now, which is good enough for me!  It is really quite chic, and it has some great understated modern quilted detailing that I really love. Like the sleeves…vintage-finds-010

And the shoulders….vintage-finds-011

And the matching belt!

So pretty, don’t you think?

7 Responses to Thrifted Vintage Dress – Pierre Cardin Silk

1. Karen/Small Earth Vintage Reply

May 23, 2009 at 12:26 pm

Great find, Ruth! I really love your ram lamp, too. Don’t you hate how the Sal staples their tags on?

May 23, 2009 at 5:03 pm

Nice find, Ruth!

Not crazy about the sleeves, but the rest of the dress AND the color gray just sends me!

Out of curiosity, what size is the dress? I’m certain that I could not squeeze into it, either, LOL! Looks like maybe a size 8? Or am I just dreaming, ha-ha?

3. Tikimama Reply

May 25, 2009 at 3:54 pm

Very pretty! Looks to be from the 40s, don’t you think?

May 26, 2009 at 11:00 am

Thanks, guys!

Karen – I DO hate the staples! Why do they do that???

Sable – It is an 8. I was so sad I couldn’t get into it! Oh well, maybe with a lot of dieting… 🙂

Tiki – I think it is a 70’s/early 80’s dress made up to look like a 40’s dress. The tags don’t look that old, even though the style of the dress looks otherwise…

5. Prone2Wander Reply

July 19, 2009 at 1:04 pm

I realize this is a bit belated, but is this dress still available?

I tried to find a link to your store and was unsuccessful..

6. bao Reply