Home » MCM Fun » Hilarious Mid-Century » Mid-Century Cat Alert!

June 14, 2009

Mid-Century Cat Alert!

Hello all! Hubs and I are driving home today, so I am just doing a super short post today.

Here is one of our cats, Midnight (aka Screamapillar), a Norwegian Forest cat that we found on the railtrail when we were running last year.  People here just abandon cats in the woods around here quite often, and that is probably what happened to poor Pillar. However, she has a happy ending because Hubs found her, and loves her to pieces.

Oh, and the living room is her favorite room!Tom's Camera 054

8 Responses to Mid-Century Cat Alert!

June 14, 2009 at 1:46 pm

Bless, bless, bless you both for rescuing Midnight! People are sooooo mean! Wonder how they’d like to be dumped somewhere?

No kitty-kats here at home, but we’ve had Rotties and Shelties (yes, at the same time!), all adopted from animal rescues in Michigan.

Two years ago we adopted more Shelties: Sparky, a tri-color who’s now 8 years old from Kent County Humane Society and Max (Max-Maxwell-Maxy) from the Animal Society of Southeastern Michigan (Madison Heights), a sable color who is now 2 years old. The Boys as we call them.

I’ll send you some photos, Ruth.

June 14, 2009 at 1:58 pm

My Mom rescued her beloved cat, George, off the streets of Malaysia when her and my step-dad lived there for a few years. George (who was actually a girl) was smaller than American cats and also had no tail (kinda like the Manx here I think?). Anyway, my Mom found her laying on the sidewalk of a busy downtown city area and George could no longer walk. She picked her up and drove her to the vet, where she was sure the vet would say she would have to be put down. The vet told my Mom she had VERY bad heart worms and would have died in another few days, but that he could actually save her. George went home with my Mom after a few days, and she has a spoiled rotten life now! But George totally deserves it! George is the best!

June 14, 2009 at 7:47 pm

Hurray for spoiled, rotten, furkids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I used to call one of my rescued female Rotties, Diamond, “a spoiled Rotten-weiler,” and she was!

Sara, your Mom is a sweetheart! But so are you (like mother, like daughter)! Your story brought tears to my eyes. I cannot bear to see animals sick, injured, abandoned or abused. I will do anything to help an animal and see that it is cared for.

I’ll bet George is cute with her bobbed tail!

June 14, 2009 at 8:23 pm

Oh Sable, you are the absolute best sweetie! Thanks for the compliment. My Mom said it was really bad over there, people would not take good care of their animals at all. We know George was a stray, she was very, very thin (bones sticking out and everyting) – and obviously on the verge of dying. When my Mom found her on the street everyone else was just walking right by her, no one wanted to help. My Mom just could not leave her there – no matter what. George is soooo cute, she is a little roly-poly now because Mom feeds her anthing she wants! Definitely “Hurray” for spoiled rotten furkids!!! 🙂

5. Tikimama Reply

June 15, 2009 at 2:11 pm

Bless you all! Just one more thing we all have in common. Our most recent adoptee, Charlie, found us from the house next door. He’s a cute little kitty that still roams the immediate neighborhood, but he knows we’re the ones to be counted on to feed him. He’s great buddies with our old fatso, Frank, now, and loves to let my two girls play with him. He needs to be fixed, and I’m working on a way to get that done for free or low-cost. Last thing we need is more unwanted kitties!

June 15, 2009 at 4:45 pm

You all are simply AWESOME with all this cat and dog rescuing! That is great that you are caring for what was the ‘neighborhood’ stray Tikimama! I hope it works out that you can get him fixed for free, or low cost. I thought our Humane Society did it here for a pretty nominal cost.

June 17, 2009 at 10:51 am

Yes, Tiki, you are correct again! We are like peas in a pod, what with all the same interests and concerns. Kindness is a virtue that is not expressed much anymore, but in here, Ruth, Sara and Tikimama, your kindness and caring and good will shine brightly like the sun! No wonder I love to hang out with you!

PS-Feeling faint after seeing the new post on Retro Renovation.

June 17, 2009 at 5:16 pm