Home » Decorating & Home » Time Capsule Homes » Mid-Century Modern Raised Ranch for Sale

June 19, 2009

Mid-Century Modern Raised Ranch for Sale

Oh. My. Goodness. Do you need a vintage 3000 square foot home with 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms?  If so, have I got the place for you in Midland, Michigan! This fabulous raised ranch has just gone on sale for $149,900, and it is really sweet. Outside

Check out those fabulous windows!! I love it! And that garage door is sweet.

View out Window

Wow, what a view! Love those windows.

PorchA second floor porch? I’m in!

And I thought our fireplace was gorgeous! And I love those ceiling beams.

Original Kitchen

Oh yeah. And the kitchen is still original! I am going to keep an eye out for this open house, I would love to get some close-ups of this place.

Original Kitchen II

Look at the table. And the light. And the built in desk. And the STONE WALL!

Ok, deep breaths. Deep breaths. Whew. Well, I hope everyone is having a good Friday, and that this brightened up your day a little. It did mine!

9 Responses to Mid-Century Modern Raised Ranch for Sale

June 19, 2009 at 11:31 am

Ruth – You are KILLING me here!!! I LOOOOVE this place!!! Please, Oh Please, Oh please, God make us move to Midland!!!! Apparently, the retro, time capsule, kingdom of the world! The windows, the stone wall, the original kitchen, the awesome garage door! Sablemable, I think I need to borrow your smelling salts right about now! I would love to know what the bathrooms look like in this place. Did you see the black kitty peering over the table in the kitchen – to cute. Tikimama, I think we are going to need to buy us some snow boots and head on up to Michigan!

2. lushpad Reply

June 19, 2009 at 12:08 pm

I LOVE the house! My boyfriend’s apartment is done up like a 50s tikibar and he’s got a stone wall just like that. Thanks for pointing me to it from your twitter feed!

June 19, 2009 at 12:09 pm

Sablemable cannot respond as she is in a dead faint.

4. Jane (aka) Elvis Reply

June 19, 2009 at 2:26 pm

$149,900????? Someone take it and RUN!

Better yet, get the guest room ready, Ruth…I’m coming to get that house!

5. Miri Reply

June 20, 2009 at 6:34 am

Beautiful…someone should take it and run…wish it could be me but the commute would be a bummer 🙂

I think your blog is terrific and have given you a fun award. Just go to my blog to get it! 🙂

6. Amy Reply

June 21, 2009 at 5:51 pm

I love it! I grew up in a house here in NZ that was very similar in style.

7. Tikimama Reply

June 22, 2009 at 11:51 am

Are they hiring teachers in Michigan? Since our state budget is in such a shambles that jobs are being slashed (including my husband’s). Right now, it’s really kinda hard living basically unemployed with a $2700 mortgage payment….

Yeah, I think we could deal with a 3000 s.f. house for $149,000!!!

8. Selena Reply

June 22, 2009 at 12:37 pm

I would buy this house in a heartbeat if it were just a bit more west. I love the windows and hope our next house is something similar to this.

9. Sean Bentley Reply

August 28, 2009 at 6:33 pm

Wow. We bought a house exactly like this in Bellevue Washington a year+ ago. For over $500K. 🙁 It’s a kit house called “The Rainier” by local architect Jerry Gropp (still practicing!).