Home » Decorating & Home » Vintage » Mid-Century Monday – Fabulous Pink Pyrex

June 15, 2009

Mid-Century Monday – Fabulous Pink Pyrex

So pretty in pink - and I love the finish on that table!

Happy Monday, all!  Here is some fabulous pink Pyrex on a Heywood Wakefield table courtesy of reader Sara to brighten up your day.  Sara sent these pictures of pink Pyrex after my find of a small turquoise Pyrex dish during a recent thrifting expedition.

Don’t you love the table runner?  I think it is just sweet. Thanks for sharing, Sara!

Does anyone else have any Pyrex?  Email me pictures at rkehm at hotmail.com and I will put them up on the blog!  I am in a Pyrex mood this week.

Awwww…Hubs and I saw some of the greatest stuff this weekend when we were visiting in Wisconsin. I was so mad that I forgot my camera when we visited some antique malls in Waukesha.  We saw some great displays, and we ended up getting a great cookbook for Mid-Century Menu this week. It has some truly excellent recipes in it.  And I use excellent loosely!

Gorgeous Pyrex!  I love it!

Gorgeous Pyrex! I love it!

12 Responses to Mid-Century Monday – Fabulous Pink Pyrex

June 15, 2009 at 11:16 am

I’m getting lightheaded over the pink Pyrex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I must hunt for some of these containers.

Yes, the tablerunner is fantastic! Is that a palm tree design on the fabric? I LOVE palm trees/tropical decor!

Thank you, Ruth and Sara for sharing! Makes my Monday a cheerful one!

June 15, 2009 at 11:53 am

Thank you Sablemable and Ruth for your nice compliments! Sable, you can find the pink Pyrex out there – it is just a bit harder to find than some of the other colors. It probably took me 5 years to find all of the pieces to make the set! OOH, good eye Ruth! This is on my Heywood table! The runner…..I can send a pic to Ruth of the pattern, it is not palm trees, it is some funky geometric design in a circle – definitely 50s. The fabric was some barkcloth I found in Texas a few years ago, I am a total fabric/barkcloth junkie and have a hard time passing anything retro up. Well, I got this stuff pretty cheap – like $15 for 2 curtains, and thank god it was cheap because when I got it home and washed it almost everywhere there was red on the fabric it started pulling apart! I HATE it when I get fabric and it starts doing that, but you have to totally expect it with old fabric. I cut out pieces of fabric that were still in ok shape, and I patched the fabric from the back with iron on patches. I made two valances for some bedrooms in my house, and then I made the runner. Does you guys know of a better way to ‘mend’ fabric that is only falling apart in certain small sections, or if you want to mend a large section??? Can’t wait for your next recipe Ruth! 🙂

3. Tikimama Reply

June 15, 2009 at 2:07 pm

Ah ha! It is so satisfying to have a group of friends you can count on to appreciate your newest finds – I JUST got a set of these refrigerator dishes last week, and was thinking of you gals! I almost just bought the two small ones, but I kept telling myself I’d regret it, so I went back and got the set. I’ll send you a photo later, Ruth. Mine are not pink, but I so with they were!! Pink Pyrex is just wonderful. Do you all know of the website and Flickr group Pyrex Love? That’s where I go to get answers to my questions about patterns and such, since I’m always coming across this stuff in thrift stores.

Sablemable – have you checked out my blog and Flickr? Just wondering if you’ve seen any of my tropical decor. Forgive me if you have, and I’m forgetting…I’ve been in bed sick the last 2 days and I’m not quite myself yet!

June 15, 2009 at 4:55 pm

Tikimama – YOU MUST SEND PICS!!! We all need to check out your totally rad Pyrex find. You are too smart, you knew you would regret it and you went back to get them all – brilliant!!! If only I had bought some of the stuff I have left behind! 🙁 Oh well, there is always next time! I will have to check out the Pyrex Love group, I had not heard of it before now.

Sablemable – I keep forgetting to say – you should send a pic of your Mom’s Pyrex bowls in so we all can drool over them! Please, Please, Please!!!

5. Amy Reply

June 15, 2009 at 5:43 pm

I adore pyrex! It’s a little hard to find over here though…

June 15, 2009 at 7:06 pm

First off, get well soon,Tikimama!!!!!!

Yes, I saw (and drooled over) your wonderful, fantastic tiki decor on Flickr!!!!!

Sara, I could not tell that you “patched” the fabric, so in my book, you are a sewing maven! And, I will snap a photo of Mommy’s Pyrex bowls and send it on to Ruth.

I took a look at the local Goodwill to see if I could find the Pyrex refrigerator containers and MCM stuff, but no dice. But tomorrow I plan on hitting a local thrift shop that’s run by a Dutch Reformed church, plus, I just learned there is a new thrift store just down the road from Goodwill. Can’t get Bobby into the swing of MCM, however he does love to go thrifting, LOL! I also checked out Ebay and Etsy and most of what they had didn’t have the lids.

Hello, Amy! Where are you from?

June 15, 2009 at 8:47 pm

Yes, I forgot to say that before – GET WELL Tikimama! 🙂

Sablemable – You see, I am very smart (he he), I took the pic where you could not see the patch! 🙂 I totally wish I was a sewing maven. I do what I can, but I know it could be a whole lot better. Maybe with practice…. Good luck finding that Pyrex, let us know if you do find anything.

Amy – sending Pyrex vibes your way!

June 16, 2009 at 12:47 pm

Hi Sara! – I actually have a vintage sewing book that has a mending section in it that shows you how to mend like a professional dressmaker. Remind me to post it, I will add it to the pile next time I scan.

Hi Amy – sorry you can’t get much Pyrex by you. It truly is the stuff of dreams… :)I have to add you to my blog roll so everyone can see where you are from…

Hi Tiki! I am so sorry you haven’t been feeling well, and I am glad that you are up and moving. We missed you! I will get some links up to your Flickr account.

Hi Sable! All pics are always welcome. 🙂

June 16, 2009 at 1:58 pm

Ruth – Yes, please post the mending section sometime. It would be interesting to see. Thanks!

June 16, 2009 at 8:22 pm

I promise, promise, promise, photos will be sent tomorrow (Wednesday, June 17). We just had to go thrifting today, but didn’t find any treasures.

June 18, 2009 at 11:36 am

I lied, didn’t send the photos yet, LOL!

But, I’m dressed and ready to snap a few more before sending.

BTW, Ruth, that new digital camera I bought wasn’t what I thought I had ordered, so I sent it back w/o replacing it. So I’ll be using my old point and shoot camera.

12. RetroReDesign Reply

June 21, 2009 at 10:13 am

Hey Ruth! Which antique Mall were you at in Waukesha? I’m from the area, let me know if you’re ever in Wisconsin again and looking for some Great Antique shops to go to…