Home » Decorating & Home » Time Capsule Homes » Stealing a Retro Renovation Post – Aladdin Home Catalogs Online!

June 15, 2009

Stealing a Retro Renovation Post – Aladdin Home Catalogs Online!

Check out this amazing post on Retro Renovation!  Pam is always first to break the big stories, and I totally missed out on this one. It seems that 46 years of catalogs for the Aladdin Company, a Manufactured Homes firm based in Bay City, have been scanned by the Clarke Historical Library at Centural Michigan University and are available for view online!  I am sure that many of you have already spent the weekend surfing there thanks to Pam, but anyone who hasn’t checked it out yet should head over there and take a look for some fantastic decorating and landscaping ideas. Can’t wait to start going through my neighborhoods and looking for these houses!

From the 1954 Aladdin Catalog!

From the 1954 Aladdin Catalog!

8 Responses to Stealing a Retro Renovation Post – Aladdin Home Catalogs Online!

June 15, 2009 at 6:32 pm

Yes, these houses are very cool! I only looked at the ones from 1954 and I love the “Flamingo” house. I saw Sablemable was swooning over the pink and gray bathroom! 🙂 Me too!

June 15, 2009 at 7:14 pm

Actually, I drooled, swooned, then fainted over the pink/gray bathroom, LOL! Too much MCM joy does that to me!!!!!

I looked briefly at the floor plans from 1950-1953 and most of the homes were the bungalow type. The 1954 book is the best of MCM homes.

I should send on a photo of my home, but am ashamed of the lawn damage from last years grubs and moles. We didn’t treat the lawn last summer and was told by our agricultural college, Michigan State University, not to treat until June-July for best results. However, since Ive confessed to our horrible lawn, I will send a photo to you, Ruth, to post here.

June 15, 2009 at 8:37 pm

Please, Please, Please send photos Sablemable!!! Bunches and bunches of photos!

4. 50s Pam Reply

June 15, 2009 at 10:05 pm

You can steal from me anytime! 🙂

June 16, 2009 at 12:39 pm

Hi everyone! Yes, Sable, send us some photos! We will forgive you, since it is the moles’s fault and not yours! 🙂

I also liked the 1954 catalog. That pink and gray bathroom is the best!

6. Pingback: Gallery of Vintage Window Awnings | No Pattern Required

7. Jane Reply

August 9, 2009 at 1:38 am

My husband and I bought an Aladdin home Sept of ’08. We live in a neighborhood made up of mainly Aladdin homes built by DuPont in the 1920’s. I can upload pics if anyone is interested. The history of the Aladdin home is so lovely and it is exciting to be a small part of that history.

August 9, 2009 at 9:34 am

Hi Jane! Thanks for coming by and leaving a comment. We are always, always interested in pics here, so I would love to see anything you’ve got. Feel free to email them to me, or just send me the link to your gallery! (nopatternrequired@hotmail.com)