Home » Our Houses » Weekend Projects – Putting Up Atomic Gold Wallpaper

June 21, 2009

Weekend Projects – Putting Up Atomic Gold Wallpaper

Hello all!

Hope you are having a great Sunday.  Sorry for the missed post again yesterday, but the internet access here has been really spotty.  To make up for it, here is a slideshow of Hubs and I putting up our atomic wallpaper in the hallway.  Oh Lord!  You know, on the wallpaper package, it said that the paper was just as easy as painting.  You know what?  They lied.  It SUCKED having to put it up.  Of course, this was our first attempt at wallpapering, but it was a huge amount of work. It took us the entire day just to do one small section of wall. We were so tired by the end that we ended up making a pretty big mistake, there is a white line between two wallpaper panels that you will see towards the end of the slideshow.  Nuts.

But, it is up now and it looks great.  It makes the room feel so much more cozy and it really makes it softer.  The pattern is great too, it is from Waverly, very subtle and still very retro.  I love it, and it looks great with the sputnik lights!  Pictures of those are coming tomorrow!

Enjoy the slideshow!

[tylr-slidr userID=”” groupID=””]http://www.flickr.com/photos/34773478@N07/sets/72157619992338263/[/tylr-slidr]

7 Responses to Weekend Projects – Putting Up Atomic Gold Wallpaper

June 21, 2009 at 10:01 am

Nice touch, the wallpaper! And love the pattern!

As for putting up wallpaper, thanks but no thanks! It is a nerve-wracking job as you well know by now.

LOL @ shot of Hubs laying horizontal on the floor to even out the wallpaper!

2. Jane Reply

June 21, 2009 at 10:39 am

Great effect and a cool pattern. Is it currently produced?
    Definitely adds that mid-century touch to your hall!

• RetroRuth Reply

June 21, 2009 at 10:47 am

Hi Jane! – Yup, it is a current pattern from Waverly. We just purchased it from Sherwin Williams a few months ago. It was hard enough to wallpaper with new paper, can’t imagine trying to do it with vintage stuff!

Hi Sable – Glad you think the paper turned out well. I would have been so unhappy if we would have worked so hard and it would have sucked!

3. Amy Reply

June 21, 2009 at 5:52 pm

how cool – love the wallpaper 🙂

4. Tikimama Reply

June 22, 2009 at 11:54 am

Ha ha ha ha!!! I’ve spent lots of time in the last couple of years taking DOWN wallpaper, so I think you are very wise to choose such a cool and kinda subtle pattern. I would never get tired of that paper! I have considered repapering small walls in our house someday, but never a large expanse of wall – now you’ve convinced me not to tackle anything big!

June 23, 2009 at 1:16 pm

Love it, Love it, Love it!!! Awesome wallpaper. 🙂

6. Rebecca Reply

March 23, 2010 at 9:27 am

I love the wallpaper. I have looked on the Waverly site and cannot find it. Do you remember the name of it?
    Thanks, Rebecca