Home » Decorating & Home » Mid-Century Decorating » Inspiration » Happy Fourth and Pictures of Sable Mable’s Treasures!

July 4, 2009

Happy Fourth and Pictures of Sable Mable’s Treasures!

PICT0300Hi Everyone!  Happy Fourth of July!  Hubs and I are out doing yardwork, and then going out for a much needed dinner and drinks, followed by fireworks!

In the meantime, here are some of Jan (aka Sablemables) fab mid-century treasures along with her own explanations.  Enjoy, I know I did!

The coppertone canisters look like they’ve never been used.  The wooden knobs were dried out, but I’ve been rubbing tung oil on to revive them.

The Farberware electric skillet is like new.  I adore Farberware!
PICT0303

The yellow telephone I bought online, but can’t remember which website.  I’ll have to look.  The site has oodles of retro phones.
PICT0307

The palm trees are made of wood and are painted in tropical colors and have shiny sprinkles on them.  They’re going in the bathroom.

PICT0334The mint green towels I got from www.bedbathhome.com.  They were on sale.  Difficult color to find.
PICT0340

Thanks for sharing, Sable!  I hope everyone has a happy and safe Fourth of July!

7 Responses to Happy Fourth and Pictures of Sable Mable’s Treasures!

1. Sara In Az Reply

July 4, 2009 at 1:57 pm

Sable, You have such lovely items in your home! I adore 50s/60s canister sets, and yours are just great. The Farberware, can you ever have enough??? The yellow phone is AWESOME!!!! Love the palm trees too, you could almost have a Tiki feel with those. And the mint green towels, that color is FANTASTIC!!! Awesome Sablemable!!!!

July 4, 2009 at 2:29 pm

Glad you all liked the stuff I’ve found. There’s more, but they’re in boxes buried somewhere in the living room.

The palm trees I found on Ebay and the seller has more. Since my sunroom is going Tiki-Island-Tropical decor, I figured I better spread the joy elsewhere in the house.

No, one can never have too much Farberware. It and Reverware are classics for the MCM home.

3. Amy Reply

July 4, 2009 at 6:01 pm

ooh I love the phone!

July 5, 2009 at 1:23 pm

That’s the site where I bought my yellow wall phone. He has loads and loads of phones!

5. Sara In Az Reply

July 5, 2009 at 4:56 pm

Sable, I forgot to say – I remember having a wall phone JUST like yours, but a different color. It is funny too, because we had this phone, like yours, and then changed it out for a push button phone (when you still rented your phones from the phone company). I remember it was such a BIG deal when we got our first push button phone. I think we were one of the first homes to have the push button phone, so all the kids had to come over to check it out. This would have been in the mid 70s. Too funny!

6. ambika Reply

July 5, 2009 at 9:06 pm

My mom has been dying for a yellow rotary phone. I need to try to track one down for her.

July 6, 2009 at 10:23 am

When my parents bought their first and only home (a MCM ranch, of course!), there was a red rotary dial wall phone in the kitchen. All the years they lived there, they kept that red phone and now I wish I had taken it when the house was sold.

I’m on the lookout now for a rotary dial Trimline wall phone in white or seafoam green to put in the bathroom. LOL, I know, I know, a phone in the bathroom, but the second owners had one installed because the wife had been in a serious auto accident and if she was alone and had needed help, the phone was there, on the wall next to the commode. So in case I happen to fall in, LOL, I can grab the phone and summon help!