Home » Decade » 1950 » House Beautiful Opens Its Archives – Gorgeous Kitchens From Every Era

July 17, 2009

House Beautiful Opens Its Archives – Gorgeous Kitchens From Every Era

1950s KitchenOh…check out this eye candy!  Reader Sara from AZ emailed me this great link to a set of slideshows on MSN that have a kitchen showcase for every decade from 1950-2000!  They are just fantastic, especially the 1950’s and 1960’s kitchens.

Sara said her favorite was the pink kitchen in the 1950’s section, but I think this turquoise kitchen is my favorite, especially the appliances and the great tile details.  We need a new fridge, and I love the one in this kitchen. Which one (or all) of the kitchens do you love?  Check out all the photos with the great detailed captions.

7 Responses to House Beautiful Opens Its Archives – Gorgeous Kitchens From Every Era

1. Jane @ Beach House Reply

July 17, 2009 at 9:09 am

Great kitchens form the 60s and 70s although why my 1968 kitchen is missing is a mystery. The hood is a little like this one from 1961… only bigger!

2. Alex Reply

July 17, 2009 at 9:16 am

Thanks, Ruth! These are great. The photos have made me think about putting school house tiles in the kitchen. Hmmm.

July 17, 2009 at 11:15 am

Love your kitchen, Jane! I totally agree, it should be in the slideshow…. 🙂

Do you have a pic of your kitchen somewhere, Alex? What does it look like?

July 17, 2009 at 12:00 pm

Ruth, that turquoise fridge would look simply deeeeelicious in your kitchen! The turquoise kitchen was my 2nd fav, by the way. 🙂 On another subject – the ‘new’ new look, on your blog page, is also really, really cool. And, your pic (under about) is just darling!

July 17, 2009 at 12:08 pm

The last photo in the 1950s set, the compact kitchen, the round, copper wall clock above the sink is exactly the same as I had recently purchased on Etsy.

All of the Fifties kitchens looked remarkable and I would have had a difficult time deciding on a color scheme back then.

TY for posting this, Ruth! You are so wonderful to do this whenever your fan club forwards MCM stuff to you!

Great find, Sara!

6. Meem Reply

July 17, 2009 at 3:43 pm

Great job on ALL you do honey. I am proud of you.

7. Pingback: Vintage House Beautiful – Photographer Maynard Parker’s Collection Available Online | No Pattern Required