Home » Our Houses » Pink Formica Table – Need An Opinion!

July 2, 2009

Pink Formica Table – Need An Opinion!

Hello all!  I am busily cleaning away for the photographer from the Midland paper who is coming tomorrow to take pictures of the kitchen.

Oh, what was that?  You thought that was already done?  Well, so did I, until the photographer forgot to show up last Saturday! D’oh!  Oh well, it isn’t like we didn’t need to clean for the party anyway.

Look at the pink Glory!  Look at it!

Look at the pink Glory! Look at it!

But I digress. I have to finish this up quick cause I promised Hubs I would be a good little housewife today and clean up the kitchen, but while I was surfing this morning and eating my cereal, I noticed this pink formica and chrome table for sale on Craigslist.  What do you think, guys?  Would this be good for the kitchen?  I know it would match, but I am thinking it may be too much pink (is there such a thing?).  I want the kitchen to be classy, not kitschy. And Hubs does have is heart set on a Heywood Wakefield table, like Sara’s.  What do you think?  Hold out for the Heywood or go for the pink??

8 Responses to Pink Formica Table – Need An Opinion!

July 2, 2009 at 11:36 am

OMG! I LOVE this table! What city did you find this listed, Ruth? It would look smashing in the kitchen!

On the other hand, a H-W table and chairs would be like dying and going to retro heaven!

If you did buy the table now, do you have a place to store it later if you come across a H-W dining set? You could always sell the pink table then.

Decisions, decisions.

July 2, 2009 at 11:55 am

The pink table is an AWESOME deal at only $35! I can’t remember, do you also have a formal dining room in your house too? I know you said you were looking for a dining room table. You could get this one for your kitchen and when you find a H-W, get that for your formal dining room. That is what we did. We have the H-W in the formal dining area, and a turquoise w/gold flecks diner set in the kitchen. Check out the H-W dining set that just came on Craigslist in Tempe http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/fuo/1248105305.html It is a pretty good deal at $500, it is the exact same table as mine, but the chairs are not the dog bone chairs. And no, there can NEVER be enough pink!!! 🙂

3. kim Reply

July 2, 2009 at 3:45 pm

I’d give my eyeteeth for a pink Formica table! At $35 you can’t go wrong. I found a yellow Formica a few weeks ago for $40, and I’m still kicking myself for not getting it…

July 2, 2009 at 5:31 pm

Hi guys, thanks for the input! Sable, this is listed in the Saginaw/Bay City/Midland listings.

Sara, we don’t have a formal dining room. We have a library instead of a dining room, which I don’t mind. So we have a large eat in kitchen, big enough for a huge table!

I know what you mean Kim! I am afraid of kicking myself later, too!

July 3, 2009 at 12:14 am

Weeeelll then Ruth, I gues the question would be – Do you also have your heart set on a H-W table???? You could get the pink table in the mean time and then sell it, like Sable said, or move it down to the basement. Something to think about…..

July 3, 2009 at 6:32 am

Ruth, your neck of the woods here in Michigan has some nice stuff on Craigslist!

And Sara’s right: you can’t ever have too much pink!

7. Lara Jane Reply

July 4, 2009 at 4:07 am

I agree with Sarah. Buy the pink table and keep it until/if you go with a HeyWake. For $35, you’d be crazy not to, right?

8. Robert Reply

July 6, 2009 at 7:47 am

I’m going on a limb here and saying that there is never too much pink. But I like pink because it’s kitsch, but that’s just me.