Home » Decorating & Home » Shopping » Estates/Garage Sales/Auctions » Slideshow from Recent Estate Auction

July 21, 2009

Slideshow from Recent Estate Auction

Auction 037Here are some great photos from an Estate Auction that Tom and I went to this past weekend in Bay City. We had a great time, and we only got lost twice on the way out to the auction. But it was  ok, because we stumbled on the neighborhood that had all the great vintage awnings in it!

The auction was fun.  It had a good number of mid-century items that went for pretty cheap, and it had some great Mid-Century Modern eye candy.  Check out the slideshow at the end of the post for everything we didn’t end up getting.  We only spend $8, and got two really cute things for the house.

The first is this great vintage blender.  It looks almost as if it was never used, and when you plug it in the little guy works like a champ.  I love the chrome accents and the clover shape of the blender itself. Tom was particularly excited about this one.

And then we have my purchase, which so far no one likes but me. My little birdie planter. Auction 039

Okay, so it is a little scary, but I love the way it looks in the pink bathroom. This sweet little guy was only three dollars, and I totally love it. The only catch was…well…it came in a huuuuuuge box of knick-nacks. In fact, for three dollars we also got all of this:

Auction 035

And this has already been picked over and stuff given away to friends!  There was even more. Gah. I have to get listing and see if I can get rid of some of this stuff before Tom kills me!

In the meantime, check out some of the other goodies from the auction.  There were lamps, kitchen stuff, Heywood Wakefield/Woodite chairs, and a Maytag wringer washer!

[tylr-slidr userID=”” groupID=””]http://www.flickr.com/photos/34773478@N07/sets/72157621762567014/[/tylr-slidr]

8 Responses to Slideshow from Recent Estate Auction

July 21, 2009 at 2:39 pm

First off, I love your little birdy! And the blender!

Those MCM lamps are gorgeous!

I have one of those beer barrel banks, of course, it’s empty, LOL!

Great slide-show, Ruth! TY for sharing!

July 21, 2009 at 4:47 pm

OH MY!!! Me loves, me loves, me loves! I would have literally gone INSANE at this auction, EVERYTHING is so freakin’ cool! Michigan auctions look like the Chicago area auctions I used to go to (when I lived there), tons of stuff – really SUPER cheap! Mike and I have to make it back to Michigan sometime soon because one of his cousins does auctions in Ionia, and I keep on telling Mike we HAVE to go to one of them SOON!!! I will see if I can find a link somewhere for his auctions. And, $55 for those lamps is a TOTAL steal!!! I love them! AND, I think your bird planter is totally awesome Ruth, I have all sorts of funky pottery stuff like that around my house. OMG, I just noticed the mushroom kitchen canister, Mike’s Mom used to have those. Hilarious! I cannot believe you got all of that for only $3!

July 21, 2009 at 6:30 pm

Let’s face it, Sara-you just have to move back here, LOL!

Good thing Bob wasn’t at the sale, as he would have bought the Maytag washing machine, LOL!

July 22, 2009 at 10:19 am

I know, Sara, isn’t that crazy? Only three bucks for all that garbage…I mean…stuff! 🙂

Sable, I was going to use that bank, but then I looked and it has someone’s social security number scratched into the bottom. Now I am afraid to do anything with it!

July 22, 2009 at 12:23 pm

Ruth, that reminds me of my Dad, who was the keeper of the family’s SS numbers. He used a permanent marking pen and wrote the numbers on the inside of one of his workshop cabinets. When Dad passed on, we realized that we had to dismantle the cabinet and destroy the evidence, LOL!

July 22, 2009 at 1:05 pm

Sable – I guess Mike and I will have to move to Michigan… as soon as I convince him of it! 😉

Ruth – Birdie planter was worth the $3 though! 🙂

7. Estate Executive Reply

July 30, 2009 at 1:46 pm

Nice…. Are those in the picture for sale or just for the sake of posting because those glasses are beautiful.

8. Pax Reply

October 11, 2010 at 9:38 pm

First, I have to say you have a wonderful site!

Second, I go to auctions all the time and when we end up with a box lot from h*ll we take them to a charity as they can sell things the rest of us can’t AND can use the money to do good while you get to keep the treasures you wanted.