Home » Decorating & Home » Sunbeam Heritage Series Stand Mixer – Available At Your Corner Store!

July 26, 2009

Sunbeam Heritage Series Stand Mixer – Available At Your Corner Store!

Classic White Mixer From Sunbeam's Heritage Series

Classic White Mixer From Sunbeam's Heritage Series

Maybe I am totally behind on this one, but I was shocked this morning to see a retro Sunbeam Mixer at the local grocery store!   That’s right, Sunbeam is bringing back the old mixer style and calling it the Heritage Series.  I love it. Available for about $100, you could get your very own brand new “vintage” mixer like your grandma used to have.

This great mixer is available online direct from Sunbeam, but they also had it on the shelf at the local Walmart for $98. If I wasn’t so in love with my gorgeous Kitchen-Aid stand mixer, I would totally run out and get one of these.

Oh, and the Heritage Series also has a hand mixer and a coffee pot, too.  Now all we need is the iron and the toaster….come on…just a few more!

7 Responses to Sunbeam Heritage Series Stand Mixer – Available At Your Corner Store!

July 26, 2009 at 1:31 pm

Ruth I did already see this mixer and thought it was so totally cool! I was soooo happy they were briging out new appliances with the vintage look to them. I would have bought one, but I already have a vintage pink one from the 50s. Mike totally refurbished it for me and everything, so there is no way I can get a new one now. It even has the original pink bowls with it too. Hmmmmmm, can you tell I like pink??? 🙂 Sable – do you have a Sunbeam Mixer?

July 26, 2009 at 10:04 pm

Yes, I have my mother-in-law’s yellow Sunbeam stand mixer from the Fifties.

I also have her Sunbeam blender in yellow, the old heavy type with the glass pitcher.

My mixer came with clear glass bowls. Sara, you must send Ruth a photo of your mixer to post so that we can drooooooool over the pink!

Sara, you definately belong in a MCM ranch home! What with all of your pink kitchenware, your kitchen would be smashing!

Ruth, if I ever have to buy a new mixer, I so want a KitchenAid!

When are you and Tom leaving for Aruba? We’ll (me and Sara, et al) will miss you while you’re gone, but you guys need a vacation!

July 26, 2009 at 10:08 pm

PS-I wish someone would put out an inexpensive retro look microwave.

RCA (yes, his master’s voice) has one model of microwave oven out in red and cobalt blue that could pass muster as MCM, but I want something a little less “loud.”

Would be doubly nice if someone would make the hi-fi consoles ala MCM, but with all the modern technology that we’ve come to love (and cannot live without, LOL!).

July 27, 2009 at 11:54 am

Sable – I will send Ruth a pic of my Pink Sunbeam later on today. You should send in a pic of your yellow mixer, I would love to see that too. I REALLY want to be in an MCM ranch house – BADLY!!!! I keep looking for one to pop up around here, but it seems like they are mostly all renovated to the hilt – with granite and everything. So, all of the charm of the house has been stripped away. Something has to come up eventually though. Or……we could move back to Michigan! 🙂 And yes, please someone, make a cool retro look microwave!

P.S. I agree Sable, I will miss Ruth too. But, I guess everyone needs a vacation sometime!

July 27, 2009 at 12:31 pm

10-4 on sending a pic of my yellow Sunbeam blender and mixer as soon as I remember in what box they’re packed into, LOL!

July 27, 2009 at 5:33 pm

Sable – I just sent Ruth a pic of the pink mixer. I can’t wait to see yours, as soon as you find them and unpack them! he he!

July 28, 2009 at 12:02 am

Sara, 30 million boxes down, 50 million boxes to go, LOL!

I just had the thought that both are probably in the linen closet, where I haven’t looked yet. Duh!