Home » Decorating & Home » Fabulous Time Capsule Estate Sale

August 17, 2009

Fabulous Time Capsule Estate Sale

Estate Sale and Ebay 010We went to the most fabulous estate sale this weekend in Bay City on our way to the Cheeseburger Festival in Caseville.  I hadn’t  planned to stop anywhere, but we saw the sign while we were driving past, and Tom was nice enough to turn the car around and go back.  I am so glad he did!!  The estate was of a 93-year-old woman, and her home was so cool!  It was a cape cod that looked like it had been built in the 1930’s, and then mostly remodeled in the 1950’s.  The first floor was colonial, but the furniture was mixed colonial and asian.  But the upstairs master was all Mid-Century modern.  Brown tile floors, light woodwork and even a mini-sputnik and mini-pull down lamp!  Check out the slideshow below to see the pics.

Oh, and you had better believe we got something cool!  Make sure to visit the blog Friday to see our score.  It is the Vintage Item of the Week!

[tylr-slidr userID=”” groupID=””]http://www.flickr.com/photos/34773478@N07/sets/72157621938915931/[/tylr-slidr]

7 Responses to Fabulous Time Capsule Estate Sale

August 17, 2009 at 2:07 pm

HI Sable!!! HI Ruth!!! I am finallllllly back!!! I will send lots of pics to Ruth about my retro adventure with my Mom. What a whirlwind trip. It was super fun though.

Ruth! I am so jealous you found this AWESOME estate sale. Hmmmm, I think I should have delayed my trip another week so I could go to this sale. 🙂 I would have wanted to buy everything in site! I can’t wait to see what you found. Now, please tell us about this Cheeseburger Festival!!! It really sounds cool. I LOVE Cheeseburgers!

• RetroRuth Reply

August 17, 2009 at 3:36 pm

Sara! Sara! Hooray!

Baby, when you come here next time we can spend a whole WEEK thrifting if you want. I was so sad to see you go. The worst part was, we didn’t get a picture together! I didn’t think about it until like 5 mins after you left. D’oh!

Here is the link to the cheeseburger festival that was on the thumb. It was crazy, so many people, but we had some great burgers. You should visit next year while it is going on!

August 17, 2009 at 4:44 pm

Saraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad your back, girl! I was getting worried about you and Mom motoring back in a U-Haul.

Ruth, what a treasure chest of goodies at the estate sale! Did you buy any pull-down lights? Love the Gibson fridge.

3. Tikimama Reply

August 20, 2009 at 3:05 pm

You are so lucky to have a husband who shares your interests in vintage and estate sales. My husband would’ve laughed at me if I’d asked him to stop!

Well, it seems that in my long absence from the blog fun around here, I missed out on knowing that Sara got to meet Ruth! Awesome! Bet you girls had a blast. Next time, I’ll swing by AZ to pick up Sara, and we’ll visit together. I’ve just got to see some of this Michigan mid-century awesomeness for myself!

4. Pingback: Thrifted Find of the Week – Unique MCM Side Table | No Pattern Required

August 21, 2009 at 12:11 pm

Hi Tiki! Glad to see you back, hope all is going well for you and your family. I did get to meet Ruth on a crazy cabinet buying trip up in Michigan – which I will send her pics of soon. Definitely let’s do a road trip together next time, you would have a blast meeting Ruth, as she is a total sweetheart! AND, we will have to meet up with Sable too!!!

August 22, 2009 at 9:53 am

Awww…thanks Sara! *blush* I had a great time, too. Hmmm…maybe we all could organize a meet-up at that Texas sale in the spring….with nightly conference calls to Sable to give her a report of our finds! 🙂