Home » MCM Fun » Hilarious Mid-Century » Finally…The “Mad Men” Versions of Myself and Hubs

August 14, 2009

Finally…The “Mad Men” Versions of Myself and Hubs

So, I finally cracked and “MadMenned” myself and Tom.  I couldn’t get it exactly right, but it was fun.  Enjoy!

madmen_fullbody

madmen_fullbody

Pretty cute, huh?  If only I could have gotten us in the same file!

11 Responses to Finally…The “Mad Men” Versions of Myself and Hubs

August 14, 2009 at 6:01 pm

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys look good a la MCM!

Sure is quiet w/o Sara here, eh Ruth?

August 14, 2009 at 6:07 pm

Tell me about it! I miss her!

3. Alex Reply

August 14, 2009 at 7:10 pm

In a fit of rage with Charter Cable, I canceled it about a year ago, so I’ve missed out on Mad Men. Is it a good show? The fashion looks fantastic.

• RetroRuth Reply

August 14, 2009 at 10:54 pm

I get frustrated with my service provider as well, so I hear you.

I am not so much into the plot of the show, but the fashion and props are beyond fantastic. I can’t never figure out what is going on because I am always talking over the characters, saying things like, “Look at that dress!” and “Did you see those lamps?”

August 15, 2009 at 11:13 am

I watch Mad Men for the same reason, Ruth! Who cares about the plot when you can savor the MCM atmosphere!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Amy Reply

August 15, 2009 at 8:59 pm

lol funny stuff, I mad menned myself a couple of weeks ago – gotta love mad men!

August 17, 2009 at 2:20 pm

Ruth, Sable – you two are too sweet! Thanks! 🙂

I am SOOOO excited that Mad Men is back, I totally love that show too. That is funny Ruth, when I Mad Menned myself I picked that exact same dress! Your Mad Men pics are just darling.

• RetroRuth Reply

August 17, 2009 at 3:37 pm

Ha ha! Great minds think alike, I guess. That dress was so cute, it had to be picked!

7. Tikimama Reply

August 20, 2009 at 3:12 pm

I did this too a few weeks back. Everyone on Flickr was doing it, so of course I had to too! You guys look so cute! I never thought of creating one for my hubs…I’ll have to go back.

I adore MM – I bought the first season on DVD after the 2nd season was already over. I’d somehow missed out on it on tv (must be something to do with the fact that a 6-yr-old and a 3-yr-old command the tv around here).

Now I’m up to the middle of the 2nd season on VOD (cool feature of FiOS). I, too, have trouble sometimes focusing with my eyes wandering crazily all over everyone’s outfit, hairstyle, makeup, the room decor, etc. But I’m really into the storyline – it’s quite different and full of surprises.

8. StoneMaven Reply

May 24, 2011 at 4:28 pm

I can photoshop it together for you in about 2 shakes. Where do you want it sent?

May 24, 2011 at 8:18 pm

StoneMaven, you are the best! You can send it to ruth@nopatternrequired.com. Thanks so much!