Home » Decorating & Home » Pictures From Recent Thrifting Trip – Mid-Century Goodies

August 23, 2009

Pictures From Recent Thrifting Trip – Mid-Century Goodies

Here are some pics of some great thrift and antique shops Tom and I saw this weekend when we were out on our little trip. There was just so much stuff that I couldn’t handle it.  Estate Sale and Ebay 036

Super cute mid-century telephone table we saw at an antique store.  It looked to me like one of the legs was out of whack, and the table itself needed a little refinishing, but Tom and I seriously considered buying it for about 20 minutes.  There was just something really cool about it!

Estate Sale and Ebay 032

A pair of great mint green boudoir lamps from the 1930’s. Very Hollywood glam/art deco. I just loved the silver circles on them, they looked almost like wedding rings.

Estate Sale and Ebay 037

A bonus pic, the orange and white floor of one of the stores we were in.  And yes, those are my legs.

Estate Sale and Ebay 033

A boomerang shaped coffee table, part of a set of four side tables.  This one was very cool, but was very beat up. The laminate was peeling off of it in more than one place.

Estate Sale and Ebay 031

Last, but not least, a supremely cool three-tiered side table.  If we would have had room in the car with us, this would have been ours. It was a little chipped in a few places, but at $75 is was a good enough deal to overlook some imperfections.

That is it for now.  Do you love any of this stuff?  Take a look at my new Finder Service to help you fill your house with all the mid-century goodies you need!

6 Responses to Pictures From Recent Thrifting Trip – Mid-Century Goodies

August 23, 2009 at 11:21 am

Oh, I’m swooning over the telephone table!!!!!! A nice little rotary dial telephone would look oh so right sitting on the table!

I don’t know how to veneer anything, but, at VanDykes.com, they offer sheets of veneer that are easy to apply (or so they say).

2. Karen Reply

August 23, 2009 at 11:38 am

Fabulous stuff! Love the telephone table. And the lamps. And the tiered table. All of it! Thanks for the road trip peek–I am jonesing for a thrift trip and this helped.

August 23, 2009 at 4:29 pm

Ooh! That phone table and the 3 tier table are the bomb!!! The lamps are super cool too. To bad about the chipping veneer on the other table. It probably woud be kinda hard to repair that. I think you need to go back, with more room in your car, and but that 3 tier table – I love it!

August 24, 2009 at 12:28 pm

That telephone table is awesome!! Looks like it would not take much to fix up/refinish, either.

August 25, 2009 at 9:11 am

Thanks for the comments, all!

I know what you guys mean about the telephone table. I adore it. What do you think, is that the original upholstery, or do you think it has been redone?

We are seriously considering going back for that and the tiered table. They were sooooooooooo sweet!

August 25, 2009 at 12:22 pm

It could be the original upholstery on the telephone table, it is hard to say without seeing it close up, but I would not be surprised if it was original. Seems like if they would have went to the trouble to re-upholster, they would have also refinished the wood.

You should totally go back for that tiered table!!!! I love it!