Home » Decade » 1950 » Vintage Crafty Saturdays – Vintage Pots Embroidery Patterns

August 22, 2009

Vintage Crafty Saturdays – Vintage Pots Embroidery Patterns

Hello Everyone!

Welcome to Vintage Crafty Saturdays, a fun post where I get to share some of my great vintage crafting library with you all.  Since I have been getting into embroidery lately, I thought I would post some cute vintage embroidery patterns I have been working on lately.  I would love to say that I have actually stitched these up, but they are in the “in progress” pile until I am finished with the towels for a friend’s wedding.

So, without further ado, here are the little guys!

Coffee Pot001

Aren’t these the greatest?  They are from a pile of embroidery transfers I got from my mom for my birthday.

If you want to make them bigger, just click on them!

Hot Pot002

Have a great Saturday!

9 Responses to Vintage Crafty Saturdays – Vintage Pots Embroidery Patterns

1. Alex Reply

August 22, 2009 at 9:13 am

I love those! I’ve thought about trying my hand at this. Is it difficult to learn? I have a set of kitchen towels my mom embroidered, when she was young. They have little bees on them and say, “Bee clean.”

August 22, 2009 at 9:46 am

Hi Alex! It isn’t difficult to learn at all, and pretty inexpensive too. I bought some plain towels from Target, a tension embriodery hoop and some needles and I was ready to go. Go to Sublime Stitching’s website, they have some quick tutorials for stitches. I mostly use her split stitch to do all my work!

Glad you like the patterns!

August 22, 2009 at 9:47 am

Oh, and send a pic of that towel! Sounds adorable!

4. Mary-Frances Main Reply

August 22, 2009 at 9:53 am

ooooo, I just sent them to my friend Dianna who is doing her own set of towels. These are so cute I bet seh does them next!

5. Dianna Reply

August 22, 2009 at 11:23 am

I am doing these patterns as tea towels for the my classic bungalow kitchen. I am putting them on vintage tea towels from Aunt Martha’s. They are turning out great! Love your site and especially the meals that you cook for your hubby.

August 22, 2009 at 3:32 pm

Oooh, love the little teapot and sugar? Those are so totally cute! I just picked up some old, embroidered towels at an Estate Sale the other day for $2 and they are really cute too. There were a few ‘Days of the Week’ towels (but not all the days) and a few other random ones. I love those kind of towels.

Sable – where are you???

August 22, 2009 at 7:59 pm

Here I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL, almost forgot to check the site today!

These are adorable patterns! Every time I see or hear about embroidery, I think about the retired football player, Rosie Grier, who did embroidery and was very good at it.

Alex, the towels with bee clean are just too-too for words!

Speaking of Days of the Week towels, anyone besides me remember the women’s knickers with the days of the week on them? LOL, nope never owned any myself!!!!!!

8. Alex Reply

August 22, 2009 at 8:01 pm

I have some of those,SableMable. I got them Old Navy awhile back. The pack even had Sunday in it. I live in the South, and you could never find a pack that included Sunday. The Bible Belt. Sheesh! 😉

9. Patty Reply

August 23, 2009 at 5:15 am

How cute! Thanks for sharing the patterns! There’s a group on Flickr called Hoop Love with tons of vintage embroidery patterns if anybody is looking for more of these.