Home » Decade » 1940 » Bake My Holiday – Mid-Century Stove Eye-Candy Including Yellow Western Holly “Kook Center”

September 18, 2009

I was inspired to put together this great collection of stove eye candy by one of everyone’s favorite Holiday treats, Christmas cookies! I would be a happy little housewife baking away all day on one of these, let me tell you!

A very pretty 1940’s Magic Chef Stove .

1940 Magic Chef

1940 Magic Chef 2

1940 Magic Chef 3

A sweet 1955 turquoise GE oven, needs a little lovin’, but would so totally be worth it.

Turquoise Stove

Turquoise Stove 2

Turquoise Stove 3

And here is a similar model, in yellow,

Yellow GE Stove

Yellow GE Stove 2

Yellow GE Stove 3

And here is a pretty Frigidare stove!  This little gem is sitting in my local Salvation Army right now, for $55.  I stumbled on it during a recent thrifting trip.

Phone 139

Phone 140

Phone 141

A late 40’s Kenmore with a very sweet top

40s Kenmore

40s Kenmore 2

And the ultra gorgeous, ultra super find of the day, a yellow “Kook Center” by Western Holly. Totally fabulous, and one of the coolest appliances ever!

Western Holly

Western Holly 2

Western Holly 3

Western Holly 4

Ohhh…I gotta go.  I have to mix up some batches of cookies, and find the smelling salts for Sable! :)

9 Responses to Bake My Holiday – Mid-Century Stove Eye-Candy Including Yellow Western Holly “Kook Center”

September 18, 2009 at 8:50 pm

Thanks for the smelling salts, Ruth! I was swaying, knees buckling when I saw these little treasures!

OMG, that Kook Center with the round oven windows!!!!!!! And it has gas burners, too!

Yes, I want to bake Mommy’s Christmas butter cookies in those ovens and decorate them with tinted icing and sprinkles, then eat them all up!

Sara!!!!! Where are you? You will swoon, girl!

September 18, 2009 at 11:36 pm

OMG!!! I have been out at Estate sales/Goodwill/Salvation Army ALL day long…… The stoves are THE BOMB Ruth!!! Sable, can you pass me the smelling salts now please. ;) I SOOOOO totally want that turqouise stove, I think it would look perfecto next to my pink metal St Charles cabinets. What do you guys think??? Ruth, do you remember how much they wanted for that “Kook Center”? I clicked on the link but it already been deleated, I was just curious. Ummmmm, I am still waiting for those smelling salts ya’ll……………………..

September 19, 2009 at 10:14 am

Oooh, Sara! Did you find some treasures yesterday?

Yes, that turquoise stove is groovy, too!

Here’s the salts, Sara. Breathe deeply!

September 19, 2009 at 3:02 pm

Sable – Yes I did find some cool stuff – cheap too. I got some really cool 50s/60s spike heels and an Enid Collins bag, and a few other things too. I will do a post on it in the future so you can check out all the stuff. You really have to hunt around for the cool stuff though! Oooooh, thanks for finally passing the smelling salts along. :)

• RetroRuth Reply

September 19, 2009 at 3:56 pm

Can’t wait to see your stuff, Sara! What color are the heels??

September 19, 2009 at 10:35 pm

Ruth – There were 3 black pairs and one navy pair, they are really cool!

6. KirkW Reply

March 17, 2011 at 6:30 pm

The Western-Holly Kook Center (OMG! I Love It!!) for sale on ebay right now. I think it is the exact one in these pictures. They are asking $1,500.

7. Rebecca Everett Reply

March 14, 2013 at 2:42 pm

Hi,
    Just to let you know, I have that yellow Western Holy Kook Center now.
    I’m retro-fitting my kitchen for it!
    West meets east, I’m so excited I just found a regulator that can switch it from Natural Gas to Propane.
    I can send pic’s when I’m done if you tell me how.
    Love your page,