Home » Decade » 1940 » Mid-Century Homes for Sale in Michigan – Glass Block & Mid-Century Modern Details

September 7, 2009

Hope everyone is having a great Labor Day weekend!  Here are a couple of houses that are for sale in the area that have some of the original design elements still in them.

This great brick ranch in my neighborhood has a great glass block fireplace and some sweet built-ins.  It is 1200 square feet and $99,900!

front

fireplace

fireplace2

stairway

This sweet house is on Wixom Lake, which is about 20 minutes from Midland.  I ADORE this, MCM at its best! The house is $212,000 and is 800 square feet.

Wixom Front

Paneling

Stairs

8 Responses to Mid-Century Homes for Sale in Michigan – Glass Block & Mid-Century Modern Details

September 7, 2009 at 1:27 pm

Ummmm, I think Mike and I need a lake house! I think we need a particular lake house on Lake Wixom! That little cabin is the bomb! Hope you are feeling better Ruth. 🙂

September 7, 2009 at 2:56 pm

Love glass block, love pine paneling! Those floating shelves behind the chair in the living room, I love, I love, I love!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, Sara, I do believe you need a summer lake home here to escape the hot, hot Arizona summers, LOL!

Are you still sick, Ruth? I’m worried about you, especially since hearing about the swine flu cases at Washington State University. Do you want me to bring you some chicken soup? Cures all ailments!

September 7, 2009 at 6:41 pm

I think Ruth needs some of Sable’s Chicken Soup!!! Yea for Chicken Soup!

I know Sable, we totally need a lake house in Michigan. Summers are WAYYYY to hot here!

September 7, 2009 at 7:09 pm

Of course, I could make some beer soup, guaranteed to kill any germ that invades your body, or if all fails, you’ll pass out and forget about being sick!

September 8, 2009 at 8:58 am

Awww…soup would be awesome, and passing out wouldn’t be too bad either! But I actually had a really stubborn migraine that just wouldn’t quit coming back, and ended up in the ER. Yikes!

6. 50s Pam Reply

September 8, 2009 at 9:08 am

woah, that wixom lake house is something!

September 8, 2009 at 11:50 am

Migraines are NOT fun! I had to go to the ER once myself and I think they gave me Demoral? (sp?)

Whiskey probably would have worked quicker.

8. sandra742 Reply

September 9, 2009 at 10:20 am

Hi! I was surfing and found your blog post… nice! I love your blog. 🙂 Cheers! Sandra. R.