Home » Decorating & Home » Vintage » The Best Mid-Century Modern Estate Sale – Going On This Weekend!

September 10, 2009

The Best Mid-Century Modern Estate Sale – Going On This Weekend!

dear18This is the ad for the greatest MCM Estate Sale in Michigan. Just trust me when I say there is an ENTIRE HOUSE filled with mid-century modern pickings, and every single one of them is fabulous.  Russel Wright bedroom set, Dunbar sectional, Herman Miller clocks. Gah!

Go to the ad, check out the pictures, come to Michigan and get some great furniture. I am still working on Tom so we can get out to that sale, but I am dying, DYING over this stuff.

By the by, I adore the little round pillows on that sectional!

Thank you Sara, for letting me know about this sale, and torturing me! 🙂

dear01

dear15dear13dear07dear05dear03dear02dear16dear20dear21dear22dear46dear50dear63

10 Responses to The Best Mid-Century Modern Estate Sale – Going On This Weekend!

1. Maggie Reply

September 10, 2009 at 10:37 am

Ohhh, I think I’m going to faint…

I’ve been wondering lately, since Michigan boomed so much during the 50s and 60s if there might not have been extensive modernist buying going on there in those years… as much as in California. And with the downturn there now, if there might not be massive MCM estates coming up for sale.

Please, please go to it Ruth, to report back to us and to at least buy those adorable pillows!

Why oh why can’t we have estate sales like this in my area. *sigh*

2. DrJulieAnn Reply

September 10, 2009 at 10:50 am

I’m DYING out here in California! I need to move back to the Michiana area so that I can get all of these great mid-century finds.

You know, California was also booming during this time period but we don’t have great estate sales like this. The movie industry swallows everything up for props.

Go, Ruth, so that I can live through you.

September 10, 2009 at 1:46 pm

Sorry to torture you Ruth! 😉 I knew you would want to see the pics, at least. I super-duper hope that you can make it on Sat. Please, Please make it on Sat! I want that Dunbar Sectional SOOOOOO badly!!! Help!

4. Roxanne Reply

September 10, 2009 at 1:46 pm

I’m dying on the East Coast, too! I want everything, everything! I would toss my whole collection and redecorate immediately.

It’s in such good shape, too!

Thanks for the pics. At least we can enjoy them from afar.

September 10, 2009 at 3:45 pm

OMG, that sectional is to die for!!!! Not to mention everything else there! It all looks like it’s never been used!

6. Alex Reply

September 10, 2009 at 3:52 pm

Ok, ladies, I turned completely green with envy, and then burst into flames out of anger. There isn’t anything like this in the South. Thanks for the pics, though. They are fabulous.

7. Roxy Reply

September 11, 2009 at 11:18 am

Same sentiments as all the others here. I’m dying. This is such a perfect time capsule of mid-century America. It’s an unbelievable collection.

8. Roxanne Reply

September 13, 2009 at 6:31 pm

So–did you make it there? Did you buy anything?

• RetroRuth Reply

September 14, 2009 at 8:24 pm

Nope, we didn’t make it to the sale. 🙁 Nuts! We just couldn’t work out how to borrow a big enough car!

9. Deb Reply

June 24, 2016 at 12:06 pm

How would I find a mid century Modern sectional just like this?? Help from Wisconsin-Deb 🙂