Home » Decorating & Home » Shopping » Estates/Garage Sales/Auctions » Antiquing In the U.P. – Photo Slideshow of Our Treasure Hunt

October 16, 2009

Antiquing In the U.P. – Photo Slideshow of Our Treasure Hunt

Wow!!!  I have about 50 pictures of our treasure hunting from our trip to the U.P. and Northern Wisconsin.  We loved it and we got to do tons of shopping! Enjoy all the photos!

[tylr-slidr userID=”” groupID=””]http://www.flickr.com/photos/34773478@N07/sets/72157622474392135/[/tylr-slidr]

9 Responses to Antiquing In the U.P. – Photo Slideshow of Our Treasure Hunt

October 16, 2009 at 5:32 pm

I absolutely love the red bird statues and the one that looks like an angry Bambi! Too cute. And such nice vintage radios!

October 16, 2009 at 6:00 pm

Oooohhhhh! This looks like so much fun, I can’t stand it!!! Please do tell us what you bought. And, I was curious, where did you go in Northern Wisconsin???

October 17, 2009 at 1:02 pm

Great photos of great stuff! Those Santa Claus face mugs, Mom had once and sold them in a rummage sale! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh! Boo-hoo!

Loved the 2 yellow radios.

October 17, 2009 at 4:33 pm

Thanks guys, it was a ton of fun.

Sara – We ended up buying a super cute lamp that I am going to post about, a ton of vintage cookbooks and I got a crinoline! I am so excited. We were in the Minoqua/Woodruff area in Wisconsin. My parents just bought a home up there!

October 17, 2009 at 7:06 pm

OMG!!! You got a crinoline!!!! Is it like mine? You MUST post about it!

6. Maggie Reply

October 18, 2009 at 9:18 am

Holy mackerel, that pair of table lamps with the spaghetti-globes are inSANE. I’ve never seen a pair anything like that — wacky! Ditto the dish set with the square green coffee cups.

Ruth, if you have any recollection of what they were priced at, I’d love to know.

Great collection of photos!

• RetroRuth Reply

October 18, 2009 at 12:10 pm

Hi Maggie!

The lamps were $165 for the set. They were marked as “designer” lamps, but the designer wasn’t mentioned. Tom and I seriously considered buying them. In fact, we may go back in the spring and do just that! 🙂 I am not sure how much the dishes were, I think like $60? They were English and I thought I took a picture of the mark on the bottom, but I couldn’t find it on my camera. Rats!

7. Annie B. Reply

October 19, 2009 at 4:19 pm

Unbelievable! What great stuff!! I really really really want that Philco ‘fridge!!!

8. Pingback: No Pattern Required | Pink Panther TV Lamp