Home » Decorating & Home » Slideshow of Recent Mid-Century Modern Estate Sale

October 22, 2009

Slideshow of Recent Mid-Century Modern Estate Sale

Auction, Meat Pie & Taco 001Hey, all! Here is a picture slideshow from an estate sale that Tom and I went to last weekend.  Many of you may remember this house from this post where it was featured as a house for sale. The unique thing about this house was that the classic MCM furnishings inside were available to purchase with the house, which was awesome.

Or not.

Apparently, the people who bought the house decided that it was “or not” for them, because Tom and I went to the sale where those very funishings were being sold. And even though we couldn’t afford anything, it was still cool to check everything out and take pictures.  So, enjoy the show!

[tylr-slidr userID=”” groupID=””]http://www.flickr.com/photos/34773478@N07/sets/72157622515927781/[/tylr-slidr],

6 Responses to Slideshow of Recent Mid-Century Modern Estate Sale

1. Alex Reply

October 22, 2009 at 3:17 pm

Maybe I’m being a bit harsh, but what kind of loser buys a cool house like that and then sells all of the cool things that belong in it?!?

2. Barbara Reply

October 22, 2009 at 3:21 pm

Just kill me now. I already hate that owner.

3. Paulette Reply

October 22, 2009 at 3:49 pm

I heart that round table! Wonder how much was it?

October 22, 2009 at 4:47 pm

I was just as shocked as you guys are. I couldn’t believe they would sell the treasures in that place! Maybe they already have furniture of their own, but I really hope they don’t turn that place into a country nightmare. Maybe they just like modern rather than vintage. At least they weren’t selling the light fixtures.

And Paulette, that round table was a Knoll table, and was $1200 bucks. It was the only Knoll piece left by the time we got there!

5. Barbara Reply

October 22, 2009 at 6:53 pm

How much was the lamp?

Since I live in CA, I’m dying here seeing houses for $145K. I have a 1953 2 bdr 1 bath cottage and it cost me $207K – in Northern CA. Same house in Southern CA is $650K!!!!!

And that house above is EXACTLY the kind of house I want. If Michigan had jobs, I’d be there in a heartbeat.

October 27, 2009 at 9:22 am

Hi Barbara!

I think the lamp was $120, not bad if it was exactly what you were looking for!

I know what you mean about the MI job market. I wish we had tons of jobs so all you guys could move out here. 🙂