Home » Decade » 1940 » Alden Dow’s Calvin Campbell House For Sale – Mid-Century Wonder

November 22, 2009

Alden Dow’s Calvin Campbell House For Sale – Mid-Century Wonder

Another gorgeous Alden B. Dow home for sale this week!  The Calvin Campbell home is really beautiful, Tom and I go past it all the time on our runs. They are asking $364,731, which is a pretty exact number, if you ask me.  Anyway, it is on almost an acre that backs up to Dow Gardens, has over 5100 square feet and was built in 1940.  The buit-in features in this house are totally incredible.  Take a look!

Outside

Family Room

Window Built-Ins

Kitchen

Fireplace

Office

Built-Ins

Screen Porch

Backyard

Oh, and it is on the National Register of Historic Places!  If you want to read more about the details of this home’s construction, check out this blog entry on Michigan Modern!

Historic Register

10 Responses to Alden Dow’s Calvin Campbell House For Sale – Mid-Century Wonder

1. Maggie Reply

November 22, 2009 at 11:24 am

What gorgeous built-ins — those benches and floating shelves, wowza.

But ick on the ’90s kitchen. A roll-top desk with granite top? Puh-leeze.

November 22, 2009 at 2:09 pm

Holy Crap that house is really amazing! I wonder what the kitchen was like before the remodel? At least the cabs look like they kinda go with the rest of the woodwork in the house. $364,731 is a pretty EXACT number, I’m surprised they didn’t add .77 on it too! You seriously have the BEST houses there!

November 22, 2009 at 3:24 pm

What a cool house! Yeah, I wondered that, too, Sara, about the “before” kitchen, but agree with you, too on the “after” remodel.

LOL@ $.77, Saraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Love, love the built-ins!

November 22, 2009 at 8:39 pm

He he he Sable! 🙂

5. Ginger Reply

November 23, 2009 at 1:37 am

What a beautiful home! I agree on the price it seems super fair!

6. Diane Dempsey Reply

November 24, 2009 at 11:19 am

Ruth, When I see a home like this I feel my entire body levitating toward the moving boxes…I am thinking “life in Michigan vs Florida, I can bundle up right?”
    Oh I wiiissshhh I could find this down here!
    Diane

7. Chantelle Reply

November 24, 2009 at 10:18 pm

Ohhhhh, what a gorgeous home! I love it! I wish wish wish that this home was here. Or that I could move to Midland.

8. Miss Jess Reply

December 3, 2009 at 3:31 pm

Oh. My. Do want!

9. Jack Lewis Reply

February 25, 2010 at 7:41 pm

My sister just bought this house – very beautiful – we also have an Alden B Dow house here in Midland

10. Kathryn Pritscher Reply

July 26, 2010 at 10:46 pm

Grew up down the street from this beautiful house, and have fond memories of playing on the hill behind it. Been reading about Frank Lloyd Wright, which got me reading about Alden B. Dow and then looking at houses–would love to see this one again one day! How lovely for your sister to live there!