Home » Decade » 1950 » Tuesday’s Retro Guest – And The Word For Today Is…

November 3, 2009

Tuesday’s Retro Guest – And The Word For Today Is…

I ADORE this post from Sara!  I am dying over that fridge!

But first……… I had to show y’all this bomb-a-licious GE kitchen that is up for sale on E-Bay right now. Click HERE for the link. The guy is asking $7000 for the whole kitchen, which I think is insanely high, and is probably the reason no one has even attempted to make an offer yet (though it seems people are interested if you read through the Q&A at the bottom). The kitchen is TOTALLY, FANTASTICALLY awesome though, it even still has the original fridge!

Is this Refrigerator not the coolest thing EVER! Pink with a Turquoise Interior! Ruth, Sable get your smelling salts! And, check out the swing out shelves. I think I have died and gone to retro heaven!!! This kitchen looks pristine.  Very, very time-capsuley! You would think that Fridge was just delivered, it looks SO clean.

In the auction the guy says his house was built in 1956 and this kitchen is original to the house. Oh man, I wish he would keep that kitchen as it is. If the kitchen is this cool I cannot imagine what the rest of the house looks like – or what they are doing to it. 🙁  *Feeling a little depressed now*

OK! Pulling self out of depression at thoughts of awesome 50’s house probably getting gutted and renovated “Home Depot” style, and on with the rest of the post!

All right kids, raise your hands if you know what sycophant means. 🙂 I’m waiting…… OK, I had absolutely no idea either. So here goes,  Sycophant – n.  A servile self-seeker who attempts to win favor by flattering influential people. Now, you are probably wondering why I would get all class-roomy on y’all today and it is for only one reason – my love of Mad Men and Sesame Street! I don’t know if anyone has seen this yet but if you dig Mad Men you HAVE, HAVE, HAVE to check this link out. Sesame Street did an awesome parody of Mad Men, like only they can do.

Don’t you love how they just slip in a word like sycophants at the end, and it is perfect too. It reminds me of just how awesome Sesame Street really is! If I ever win the lottery I am definitely donating some big $$$ to PBS!

16 Responses to Tuesday’s Retro Guest – And The Word For Today Is…

November 3, 2009 at 9:15 am

Love that fridge, Sara, and that clip! Awesome!

2. Leah Reply

November 3, 2009 at 9:16 am

Wow! That fridge is in better shape than my 5 yr old fridge. I’ve never seen anything like it before- It’s gorgeous!

3. Eartha /Kelly Reply

November 3, 2009 at 11:34 am

Oh my gosh! – that kitchen! The colors couldn’t be any more perfect. I just want to stand before the glow of that fridge forever. I’m with you though – if the seller is getting rid of this, I wonder what horrible renovation remuddling nightmares are going on in that poor house. : (

4. Barbara Reply

November 3, 2009 at 11:37 am

Funny you should mention Mad Men…I own a yahoo group that discusses it every week! Come join us!

PS: How did they get that refrigerator so clean??

November 3, 2009 at 12:07 pm

Ruth – Thanks! That fridge is freakin’ awesome isn’t it!

Leah – I know, I cannot believe how CLEAN that fridge is, AMAZING!!!

Barbara – I will definitely check out your MM group! I do not think they ever used that fridge.

November 3, 2009 at 12:13 pm

Eartha – That kitchen is super fantastic, I love those colors! I am having nightmares about that house and what they are doing to it, I’m sure the dreaded granite will be involved in some way. 🙁

7. Barbara Reply

November 3, 2009 at 1:14 pm

Sara: Just make sure you put “no pattern required” in your request for membership so I know it’s you!

November 3, 2009 at 2:23 pm

What a fantastic post, girl! OMG, that kitchen is to die for! That fridge! Those built-ins! Those colors!

LOL@Sesame Street clip!

PS-used up all smelling salts on this one!

November 3, 2009 at 2:58 pm

Sable – Thanks girl, I really appreciate that! I really do love that kitchen. Now, quick, we need to get you some more smelling salts! 🙂

Barbara – Thanks for the info, I will be sure to check it out soon. I am kinda depressed that the season finale is this Sunday. 🙁

10. Barbara Reply

November 3, 2009 at 5:27 pm

You and me both, baby. However, I don’t think I can take many more gut punches – the last two have been so intense!

November 3, 2009 at 6:43 pm

Barbara – I totally know what you mean! I know it’s sick, but I really want Don and Betty to work things out – I’m not sure why, but I just want them to stay together. Promise to check out your site soon, it sounds great!

November 3, 2009 at 10:13 pm

Okay, okay. I have been thinking about this kitchen all day. Here is the deal: We all go in and buy this kitchen together, and then split up the spoils. I have dibs on that pink range. Gad. It is the range of my dreams!

November 3, 2009 at 11:01 pm

Great idea Ruth!!!! God, that range would look perfect in your bomb-a-licious kitchen wouldn’t it! We must proceed with your plan Ruth! Ummmmmm, can I have dibs on the pink fridge? 🙂

14. Annie B. Reply

November 4, 2009 at 4:52 pm

Holy @*&#, what a kitchen! Ruth gets the range; Sara gets the fridge; I’ll settle for pink and aqua crumbs, please.

15. lara jane Reply

December 6, 2009 at 3:02 pm

I can’t believe this kitchen is still listed! Actually, I guess I can, because the guy is seeing dollar signs! Nobody in their right mind would pay $3000 for that kitchen, with so few cabinets. Maybe it’s just because I see them on Craigslist all the time, but it seems like they’re a dime a dozen.

So pretty, though.

December 6, 2009 at 3:29 pm

I think this guy really needs to get realistic about the price he can get for the cabs. I totally agree, $3000 is way to much. Unfortunately, the fridge is no longer included in the deal. 🙁