Home » Decorating & Home » Let’s Shop! – Mid-Century Modern Light Fixtures At Schoolhouse Electric

November 8, 2009

Let’s Shop! – Mid-Century Modern Light Fixtures At Schoolhouse Electric

I think I found it!  Tom and I have been looking for exactly the right pendant light to go in the kitchen.  I have been dying to replace the awful 80’s pink chandelier over the kitchen table.

union-6_2007_T

So, what do you think? It is the Union, part of the Streamline collection at Schoolhouse Electric. That collection and the Modern Collection are really awesome.  They have a ton of great period pendant and ceiling lights and the most amazing glass shades.  Check out the modern color hand-painted shades (I LOVE aqua!) and the artist series.  I think the artist series would be a perfect addition to a 70’s house.

Here are just a few of the great lighting fixtures that I loved from them.  And don’t forget to check out the Deco Collection.  It is very pretty as well.

wakefield-21-S_2007_TCM137_TOtissn_T

hp-2265-9-4-red_Tedgeray-p_2007_T

hp2254-10-4_Tedgeray-surface_2007_THP9878_10_4MAQ_T

6 Responses to Let’s Shop! – Mid-Century Modern Light Fixtures At Schoolhouse Electric

November 8, 2009 at 2:45 pm

That is a GREAT light Ruth, I love it! I think it would look fantastic in your kitchen. Those other lights are really cool too.

2. Alex Reply

November 8, 2009 at 8:57 pm

I love that light! I like the ones with the aqua accents too. When I updated our lighting, I was really lucky and found the original shades in the basement. When I bought the place, the basement hadn’t been touched in over 20 years. I told them to leave it. It took a long time to clean, but I found some great treasures down there.

November 9, 2009 at 7:30 pm

I like the turquoise stripes and the other turquoise one, but they may not match your cabinets.

The one featured would be my pick though.

4. Darlene Reply

November 1, 2010 at 9:00 am

fantastic light fixtures.

5. Luciana Reply

November 14, 2010 at 8:53 am

Awesome, that’s exactly what I was seeking for! You just spared me a lot of work. Thanks..!

6. jasika Reply

December 6, 2010 at 5:03 am

What a helpful post really will be coming back to this time and time again.Thank you for sharing that.