Home » Culture & Media » Vintage Holiday » Christmas » Retro Christmas Trees, One White, One Pink and Starburst Wrapping Paper

November 23, 2009

Retro Christmas Trees, One White, One Pink and Starburst Wrapping Paper

Christmas Trees 003Check it out!  Here is Tom putting up our awesome retro white Christmas tree that we found last week at Walmart for $40.  Oh yes. $40!  I was going to link to the Walmart site so you guys could buy one, but they are sold out online!  If you have been trying to get a little retro Christmas in your house and want a white tree, get your butt over to your local Walmart ASAP so you can get this deal!

The only bad thing about this tree is that it is a little shorter than I would have liked.  I originally wanted a 7.5 foot tree because our ceilings are higher, but this was such a good deal that I decided height wasn’t that important.  And this tree is pretty tall, 6.5 feet as you can see by the pic (Tom is 6 feet exactly), so it isn’t too shabby.

So, we bought this tree last weekend, and have been dying to put it up.  (I know, it is too early for Christmas.  I know.) We cleaned like crazy this weekend to get ready for my folks (who are coming on Tuesday), so as a treat for doing so much work, we decided to put up our trees as a reward. Tom is fluffing the branches of the white tree in the picture above since they were totally squished from being in the box.  Oh, and if you look closely at the picture you can see the vintage base we used instead of the plastic one included in the box. The plastic one was fine, but we were just concerned about cat attacks on the tree.  I figured that a heavier base would reduce the chances of the tree getting knocked over.  Not that our cats would ever do that, oh no.

Christmas Trees 005

Check out that little jerk.  She is already planning on how to pull it down!

Anyway, after some more cleaning, we got to put up our other new tree, which we purchased at Michael’s.

Christmas Trees 011

It was $30 on sale and is pre-lit with white lights.  They have a white one, too!  The table under the tree is the one that we picked up at an estate sale not too long ago for $20.  The little train underneath is a vintage HO Lionel that my dad gave to me on a recent trip home.  I don’t have a transformer for it, so it is just for show, but super cute.  I will include a better picture later.  And I need to iron the clothes underneath everything!

Oh, and one more thing to purchase at Michaels – Retro Wrapping Paper!!

Christmas Trees 009

Christmas Trees 010

Pretty sweet, huh?  You can’t see it, but it also has blue and gold bursts on it.  Very cool, and on sale for $3.50.  Hooray!

Did anyone else find a cool deal on retro Christmas stuff?  Let us know!

9 Responses to Retro Christmas Trees, One White, One Pink and Starburst Wrapping Paper

November 23, 2009 at 11:00 am

LOL@ cat! Remember the cat in National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation who chewed on the tree lights wires? ‘Nuff said.

Those are really great looking trees and what a bargain! Yep, I can’t wait to put up my vintage tree as well. I bought some more vintage ornaments and a white/gold tree skirt from Ebay last week. I still have to find a tree topper and I’d like something that lights up and twinkles, since I can’t use lights on the aluminum tree.

November 23, 2009 at 12:11 pm

God, I am freaking out trying to figure out when I am going to *squeeze* in putting up the tree along with everything else I need to get done right now. I am jealous you already have your tree put up. Maybe you two should fly down and set mine up! 😉 Great deals on the trees, they look fantastic!

Sable – Did you ever get a color wheel for your tree? That would be good for some color and twinkle.

3. Ginger Reply

November 23, 2009 at 12:50 pm

Oh! I have been looking for a pink tree to showcase all my “girly” ornaments that overwhelm our big tree. I got a silver tree from walmart two years ago for $60 because I could not find an aluminum one that I was satisfied with and it even came with a color changing light to sit beneath it (still not a color wheel but the price was right!)

November 23, 2009 at 2:52 pm

I have that pink tree! Well, I think mine is a little taller than that one (I got it last year). We use it as our main tree, we put it on this vintage plant stand that I have, and then my dogs can’t get at it. My daughter is trying to steal it to put in her room, though, so maybe I should invest in one of the white ones!

5. Annie B. Reply

November 23, 2009 at 3:45 pm

Holy Cow! It seems that we’re grooving on the same retro wavelength! Your retro pink Christmas tree from Michaels is sitting on my desk, mere inches from this screen! I bought one just like yours on my lunch hour last Friday and I am thrilled with it…….pink cashmere!! How are you planning to decorate yours? I have nothing on mine as yet.

And……..(start the theme music to the Twilight Zone) behind me is a white Christmas tree like yours (but only five feet) which I found for $25 at our local Roses Store. My white one is decorated in pink, white, and silver ornaments and garlands I found at local thrifts.

My Christmas tree at home is a green six-footer from the Roses Store which is adorned with the vintage ornaments I’ve found at thrifts and flea markets; been collecting them since back in October.

My true heart’s desire is an aluminum tree of any size with a color wheel, but considering how pricey they are, my discount store scores will have to do.

Oh, K-Mart also has vintage style wrapping paper.

6. Deb Reply

November 23, 2009 at 6:25 pm

Love your blog and your trees!!!

7. Alex Reply

November 23, 2009 at 7:04 pm

Very cool!

8. Christmas Trees in London Reply

November 24, 2009 at 6:57 am

Your retro Christmas trees look awesome 😀 Lol at your cat – ours play with the baubles endlessly – we often find Christmas tree baubles under various pieces of furniture in our Spring clean!

November 24, 2009 at 10:34 am

Sara, I did buy a new color wheel from Hammacher Schlemmer and can’t wait to try it out on the tree.