Home » Decorating & Home » Mid-Century Decorating » DIY » Vintage Crafty Saturdays – Christmas Embroidery Projects From Hoop Love

November 7, 2009

Vintage Crafty Saturdays – Christmas Embroidery Projects From Hoop Love

So, I am just getting started on my Christmas projects for my friends.  Finally.  I am planning to embroider a bunch of stuff with some awesome vintage embroidery patterns I found in the Flickr Group Hoop Love.  If you haven’t ever visited Hoop Love and you love to embroider, you are really missing out on something.  The super-generous members of Hoop Love upload vintage embroidery patterns that have expired patents or unknown manufacturers to share with poor unfortunates like me who don’t have access to a closet of vintage patterns. *Sniff*  Ah, poor me. Anyway, because of their generosity, I am going to be able to make Christmas Presents this year, which I am really excited about.  I just hope the people who receive the gifts are as excited to get them as I am to make them. 🙂  Although I will never be as good as my hero, Jenny Hart, I am hoping to put a modern spin on some of the vintage patterns so they end up looking at least moderately cool.

Anyway, here are some of the great patterns from Hoop Love that I am planning on using this year.

If I use your pattern and you want me to take it down, let me know.  All these patterns are not mine, and cannot be sold or used for personal gain.  They are free and are supposed to be shared with one and all in crafty love. 🙂

Bird With GlassesDancing RadishesDancing Canisters MondayHula Girl

Sleepy Girls3639027813_039f58cb19

6 Responses to Vintage Crafty Saturdays – Christmas Embroidery Projects From Hoop Love

November 7, 2009 at 11:56 am

Those are really, really cute Ruth! I super love that little Hula Girl, she is great. Did you ever finish those teapots?, or creamers? (I cannot remember what they were now) that you posted about a long time ago? You should definitely show after pics. I should hope people would very happy to receive your homemade gifts – those are the best!

• RetroRuth Reply

November 7, 2009 at 11:00 pm

Thanks guys!

Andrea – That bird was part of a whole set on Hoop Love, I think like 6 different designs. Let me know if you want me to email them to you, I have them saved on my computer.

Sara – Isn’t that hula girl so cute? I was working on a teapot, but I stopped so I could make a wedding gift for a friend, which I finished but didn’t take a picture of it. D’oh. Oh well, you will have to just trust me when I say it was awesome! 🙂

November 7, 2009 at 3:51 pm

Oh wow, thank you so much for posting that link! I, too am lacking a source of vintage patterns, although I am also a big fan of Sublime Stitching. I love that first one that you posted with the bird, that is too cute!

November 8, 2009 at 1:55 pm

I would love the set with the birds, if you don’t mind! a dot sandl1978 at gmail dot com
    Thank you! I’ve been working on a bunch of tea towels for awhile now, but was kind of at a loss as to what else I wanted to embroider on, I am betting these will be perfect!

• RetroRuth Reply

November 10, 2009 at 10:59 am

Hi Andrea!!! I got a failed delivery when I tried to email them to you. 🙁 Sorry. Email me and I will reply to you, or give me another address to try!

November 9, 2009 at 7:33 pm

Those are really cool patterns! I was never good with a needle, LOL, so I don’t do embroidery.