Home » Decorating & Home » Won’t You Be My Neighbor? – Mid-Century Alden Dow Eye Candy For Sale

November 6, 2009

Won’t You Be My Neighbor? – Mid-Century Alden Dow Eye Candy For Sale

There are some absolutely gorgeous mid-century homes for sale in Midland, MI.  I had to share them so you all could enjoy the eye candy as well.  Had to!

The first is an awesome house designed by Alden B. Dow.  Tom and I always go past this house on our runs, and we always are whipping our heads around and hoping they leave the blinds up.  It is spectacular.  It is on the high side for Midland at $650,000, but it is by a well-known designer, it is on 1.83 acres in the city and it is over 6,000 square feet with 3 bedrooms, 3 full baths and 2 half baths. And I thought I had a lot of toilets to clean.  But I suppose if you bought this place you wouldn’t clean your own toilets anyway.

Living Room

Dining Room

Lights Inside

Family Room

A pretty house, but they really could have cleaned up before they took the pics, don’t you think? Ah well, it still looks great.

More great houses coming soon!

10 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor? – Mid-Century Alden Dow Eye Candy For Sale

1. Leah Reply

November 6, 2009 at 9:11 am

Beautiful! Is it just me or does anyone else get a ‘brady bunch’ vibe from this home?

2. Heather Reply

November 6, 2009 at 9:56 am

Wow! I obviously haven’t had my morning coffee. I followed your link expecting to see vintage candy shaped like eyeballs. Oy! Nice place, though!

3. Alex Reply

November 6, 2009 at 9:58 am

My sister bought a home that has some similarities to this. She has 4 full baths and 1 half. I keep meaning to get her to send me some photos because each one is a different color (tile wise). Very cool place!

November 6, 2009 at 12:13 pm

OMG, I’m fainting! I absolutely LOVE built-ins! And the galley kitchen!

5. Pingback: Alden B. Dow-designed Home in Midland Available « Michigan Modern

November 6, 2009 at 1:04 pm

Yes, I DO want to be your neighbor Ruth!!! That house is freakin’ awesome! I agree, it does seem a little bit high, it will be really interesting to see what it sells for. And, yes, they definitely could have cleaned up a bit before the pics were taken – what was it in that one bathroom next to the bathtub – a bunch of work out gear???

7. Angela Reply

November 6, 2009 at 1:26 pm

If I could afford this house I would dearly love to be your neighbor! You wouldn’t even have to hope the windows were open to catch a glimpse, I’d invite you to come over and explore!

8. Annie B. Reply

November 6, 2009 at 4:46 pm

I could eat that house! Michigan must have the most fabulous mid mod homes scattered all over the state. Most of NC’s reaction then, and now, to MCM architecture is “what the heck is that?” with the notable exception of the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area. This can be attributed to NC State University’s School of Design’s being located in Raleigh, I suppose. If you want a look some great examples of Mid Century style in North Carolina, check out this link and view the “gone but not forgotten” architects. Be sure to see the Catalano house which has sadly been destroyed.

9. Annie B. Reply

November 6, 2009 at 4:52 pm

Here’s the link for the Catalano house:

Many years ago, I actually lived within walking distance of this phenomenon and never knew it was there. AH!!!!!!!

November 7, 2009 at 11:08 pm

Thanks for the comments, guys!

Leah – I totally get the BB vibe off that place. I think it is the living room.

Hee hee, Heather! Too funny. Glad you liked it anyway, even if it was missing any eyeballs. 🙂

Pictures, Alex! We need pictures! I would be all too happy to post them for you, as always. 🙂

Sable – The built-ins are the best. I am dying over them!

Sara – Yep, that would be exercise equipment. Just like 2 hours of cleaning would have made a huge difference.

Awww, thanks Angela! That would be so sweet! We could have a mid-century supper club group…I have always wanted to be in one of those…

Thanks for the great link, Annie. What a terrible shame about that house, it truly was a work of art!!