January 1, 2010Happy New Year!
Ahhh…another freakin’ year is upon us. I can’t believe I am going have to learn to write 2010 after, as my mom says, I just got used to writing 2009, but time marches forward and we all must just knuckle down and deal with it.
But everyone needs motivation for 2010, wonderful reasons to keep going. You know. Bribes. Like this sparkly Christmas/New Years card I found that I thought would be a good bribe to get you guys to read this post. Is it working? 🙂
Anyway, No Pattern Required has come a long way this year. Apart from regretting the name slightly, it should have “mid-century”, “retro” or “atomic” in it somewhere, this blog has been a great motivator for me this year and I am incredibly glad I started it. It has pushed me headlong into my vintage/retro leanings that I had been denying for so long, let me share my love of cooking with you all (even if the recipes are terrible) and I have met SO many great new friends that I absolutely love and couldn’t do without. I love you guys! (Even if I don’t reply to some of the comments. I try!!! I read them all! I still love you!)
Anyway, so here are the Goals for No Pattern Required’s 2010. Are you ready???
1. 52 Mid-Century Menu Posts. That’s right, every single week!
2. Get a website design I am finally happy with. I know a lot of you like the new design, and I do to, but something isn’t quite right and I am going to figure out what it is!
3. Launch my own online store by the end of January. It will happen! I promise!
4. Start a monthly email newsletter that you will all love to read.
5. Have more reader contributions! I share my life with you guys, now I want to see what you are up to!
6. Show more of my own house. I have gotten some complaints recently that I don’t showcase my house enough (you know who you are! 🙂 ) And I have to admit I haven’t done it because I haven’t got anything new to show. I guess then this goal is two-fold, the other part being, do more stuff around the house so I can post it on the blog.
Is that it? I think it is enough. Whew. Anyway, it will be a good year if I can get all that accomplished. What are your retro or otherwise goals for the year?? Let’s hear ’em! And Happy New Year!