Home » Decorating & Home » Shopping » Metal Kitchen Cabinet Mania – It’s A Sickness

January 11, 2010

Metal Kitchen Cabinet Mania – It’s A Sickness

I know.  Because I’ve got it.

So, I found myself excited for spring the other day.  Not because I am sick of snow and not because I am looking forward to gardening. I was thinking I was looking forward to spring because then I could start running outside again.  And running outside means that I would be able to peep into my neighbor’s houses, trying to catch a glimpse of their kitchen cabinets.

I am a sick, sick woman.

So, too keep my voyeurism in check, I had to resort to looking for vintage kitchen’s on Craigslist.  It lets me keep warm while I peep, and I don’t leave any pesky tracks in the snow.

Here is a great white Geneva metal kitchen in Madison, Wisconsin.  Wipe the drool off your face!  I know mine is covered. And I think that might be a Flair oven, too!

Here is a great deal in downtown Fort Wayne, IN.  A whole metal kitchen for $50!  Okay. Catch your breath. Whew. There is wallpaper on the front of the metal cabinets, but it looks vintage so it might be a plus and not a minus.

A set of green Youngstown cabinets in Bloomington, IN.  Awesome. Even comes with the white enamel sink!

A white metal set in Lakeview, IL with some interesting handles.  These are another great deal at only $100! Love the wall oven. God.

A pretty pink stand alone cabinet from Egan, MN.  Love the handles on this one!

Here is a “beige” set from Hyattsville in the D.C. area.  It says beige, but they sure look pink to me!  A pretty set, I like them a lot.

They also have this dreamy green set as well!

If you have the cash, 5 grand that is, here is a GORGEOUS set of terra cotta St. Charles cabs for your very own.  The St. Louis owner says they are in mint condition!

And, a cute beige, actual beige, set of Youngstown cabs in Baltimore.  This kitchen also has an album if you want to see more pics!

Wow!  That’s a lot of cabinets. I feel better already. More…calm.

Feel free to share any links or email me pictures of metal cabinets if you have ’em to help me get through the long winter. Oh, and don’t forget to visit Pam’s metal cabinet forumif you are seriously in the market for some blue steel beauties!

8 Responses to Metal Kitchen Cabinet Mania – It’s A Sickness

1. Barbara Reply

January 11, 2010 at 11:54 am

OMG, that white kitchen has a Flair oven (or it’s copycat, a Hotpoint)!! I’d buy the house on that alone!!

These kitchens rock!

January 11, 2010 at 12:32 pm

Oooohhh! I love all of these cabinets! That first kitchen is awesome with the Flair oven. Great finds Ruth!

3. Wanda Reply

January 12, 2010 at 12:13 am

Well, that was fun! I enjoy seeing vintage kitchens, too. I also like peering through windows. From the street, of course! Love to walk at night. 😉

4. Kelly Reply

January 12, 2010 at 11:58 am

Beautiful! I looooove the green ones.

5. Ron Reply

January 12, 2010 at 1:08 pm

Those cabinets are awesome. Thank you for posting this article. It gives me inspiration for refinishing my cabinets. I have an entire kitchen of metal cabinets that came with my house. I even have that very sink. My cabinets are from Republic Steel and the original finish which appears to have been some sort of faux wood finish has been painted over carelessly with white latex paint. I don’t think they even cleaned the cabinets or removed the hardware prior to painting.

January 12, 2010 at 8:56 pm

Hi Ron, welcome to the blog!! I hate sloppy painting! We have a vintage light fixture that had paint all over it when we moved it. So annoying!

Feel free to email me some pics of your kitchen, I would love to see it even it its painted over state. Any idea what color you want to refinish your cabinets with? We would love to know! nopatternrequired at hotmail.com

7. Erin Reply

February 20, 2012 at 7:07 pm

I’m pretty sure you would love my kitchen….it’s enormous and has tons of Hotpoint off white cabinets and drawers. My husband and I bought our 1955 house almost 2 years ago and im pretty sure that they are original. I think they are in pretty good condition, but I’m no.expert! I’m thinking of painting the kitchen soon to make it pop, but I’m having trouble choosing my color 🙂 I would be happy to send you some pictures!

8. Eileen Reply

June 18, 2012 at 2:25 pm

I have original Hotpoint cabinets in my kitchen. I didn’t like them at first but now I do. I am selling the house and all people can see are old cabinets. They want new and modern. One of the hinges broke and I am having a hard time finding a replacement