Home » MCM Fun » Guest Bloggers » Tuesday’s Retro Guest – Sara Visits Hollywood Regency!

January 26, 2010

Tuesday’s Retro Guest – Sara Visits Hollywood Regency!

Wow, Sara!!! I adore this post!  All I have to say is:  I WANT!!!

Ok y’all, I took a field trip this weekend! I have been trying to get to the Hollywood Regency vintage store here in Phoenix for a while now, but something always came up and it did not work out. So this past weekend Mike and I made it a point to go down and meet up with Jenny who works at Hollywood Regency and we had an absolute BLAST! It was SO much fun to finally meet Jenny, who is super knowledgeable about vintage clothing. She is really fun to talk to as well, and a total sweetheart to boot (Hope I didn’t get you into too much trouble gabbing away so much Jenny!). Well, I took tons of pictures so everyone could see how great Hollywood Regency is for themselves. On with the show.

Hollywood Regency has tons of great shoes and accessories, AND most important – they have kitschy decor for sale too!

They also have an awesome amount of crinolines for sale! Hooray!!! I say a girl can never have to many crinolines!

Oh My Gosh! Look at all those awesome clothes and dresses! I think I have died and gone to vintage heaven! Can I just move in Jenny? 🙂

Look at that awesome circle skirt. Love it!

Cool purses, lamps and chalkware are also available for you to buy!

Vintage goodies galore.

What vintage lovin’ gal does not love a super-cute retro sweater? They have them here at Hollywood Regency!

They also have gorgeous vintage prom/ballgown type dresses for sale.

Hollywood Regency also has it’s very own vintage lovin’ kitties! Here is Basil, sleeping away…..dreamin’ of vintage kitty goodies I am sure! (Jenny please correct me if I me wrong on the kitty names)

And here is Lamar, laying down is the background. (P.S. Kelly – I think I have spotted Jack’s Father here in Phoenix, I tried to talk to him but he would only smile with that kinda blank look on his face – I don’t know why he wouldn’t talk to me) 🙂

And finally, here are Jenny and I! I am the one in pink and that is Jenny in the plaid. I must say that Jenny dresses totally FAB!!! Love the outfit – and the shoes girl!

I highly recommend going to Hollywood Regency if you are ever in the Phoenix area (Ruth! Sable!) and love to shop vintage.  They have a GREAT selection and the prices are awesome. Their address is 708 W. Montecito in Phoenix, and their phone number is 602.277.5765. Their hours are Wed-Sun 11-6pm. Thanks for such a fun day Jenny, it was great to finally meet up with you.

9 Responses to Tuesday’s Retro Guest – Sara Visits Hollywood Regency!

January 26, 2010 at 10:55 am

Jenny – Girl, I LOVE your store. Those crinolines on the ceiling make me dizzy with desire! 🙂

Sara – You and Jenny look super fab in that picture, which I assume was taken by Mike! Thanks, Mike! 🙂 This is a great recon, and I am totally jealous of all the stuff you saw!

2. Jenny in Phx Reply

January 26, 2010 at 11:18 am

SO MUCH FUN! I was so happy and excited to meet Sarah and Mike-we had a great time chatting in between customers and other stuff I had to do! I think Sarah and I are going to be great friends….even though we joked that we could never go yard saling together because we buy the same stuff! (I think we would have fun, though..hmmm…need to plan that!) I can’t take credit for the displays-my boss does most of the arranging and she is a whiz at it, but I process most of the clothes and things so I try to keep it nice. I LOVE MY JOB! If anyone ever wants to visit just let me know-I’d be happy to show you around! Sarah-thank you very very much for the kind review and super pictures-we appreciate it! Hope we get to go get into lots of trouble soon!! Ruth-you are welcome anytime..Sarah told me she got to go visit you, so I am hoping you will make a visit out here sometime-love to meet you as well! Thank you for posting this on the internets-I’m going to forward this to Heidi, the owner. she’ll be thrilled to see it! Xoxoxo Jenny 🙂

3. Annie B. Reply

January 26, 2010 at 11:53 am

Gasp! Swoon! Be still my heart! I would never leave this place. Thanks for a terrific post, ladies. Sara, you are a doll! You, too, Jenny….love your saddle oxfords!! A crinoline is the next item on my must-have list. Jenny, can we buy online?? Website?? There is so little choice vintage clothing in my part of the world, sadly. Phoenix must be a real treasure trove. Lucky girls!!

Those felines are wonderful!

January 26, 2010 at 12:21 pm

Ruth! Thanks so much for the compliment on the pic of Jenny and I and yes, it was taken by Mike. 🙂 You should try to come down to Az sometime, if possible, and we can show you all around – esp. Hollywood Regency!

Jenny! Thanks again for everything. It was really nice to finally meet up with you. We definitely must go yard saling sometime – and I promise never to fight with you over the Barbies! 🙂 I think we will be great friends too. Looking forward to lots of trouble soon!

Annie B.! Thanks so much for the compliment on the pic, I really appreciate that! I am so glad you liked the post. I must admit there are some pretty cool places to buy vintage here in Phoenix.

January 26, 2010 at 1:14 pm

You look great in your pink retro outfit! What a wonderful post! Saw lots of good stuff that I’d love to buy!

How come everything is so far away, LOL?

January 26, 2010 at 1:47 pm

Thanks so much girl! I guess you will just have to come on out to AZ to buy some vintage goodies for your MCM pad!

7. Kelly Reply

January 28, 2010 at 9:51 am

Wow…..This is one of those places where I would get upset because I would find too much that I want! Thanks for the tour. You both look fantastic and so does the shop. (and yes…that handsome mannequin…he very well could be the missing link in Jack’s creation!)

p.s. Ooh! Ahh! That pink sweater!

January 29, 2010 at 2:40 pm

Kelly! Thanks so much for the compliment. You would love this store. I will go back and try to talk to Jack’s (possible) Dad, maybe he will want to chat next time? 😉

9. Lolita Haze Reply

March 2, 2010 at 8:06 pm

Hi! My name is Lolita Haze and I too work at Hollywood Regency. I just came across this blog post and wanted to say thank you for the wonderful review!

I also wanted to point out that we will be moving locations after the 7th of March and will reopen on the 16th just down the street to the corner of 7th ave and Indian School inside Zinnias. It is right next to Landis bike shop.

Also, for those interested sometime between now and the 16th we will be emailing a coupon for the new location to those on our mailing list. So please email us at HollywoodRegencyVintage@gmail.com to receive store updates and that special coupon! Thanks again!!!