Home » Decorating & Home » Shopping » The Craigslist Peepshow – Pink Ovens, Mint Bathrooms and Shadowboxes Galore

February 11, 2010

The Craigslist Peepshow – Pink Ovens, Mint Bathrooms and Shadowboxes Galore

I have to thank Sable (aka Jan) for this great Craigslist eyecandy!  She always emails me the greatest finds.  This week my inbox was overflowing with goodness, so I decided to share the pretties with all of you.

For The Kitschen:

An amazingly good looking and sparkly robins egg blue 1961 GE stove in RI.  I just want to wrap my arms around it and kiss it.

I gotta wipe the drool off the keyboard so I can show you this yummy sea green stove in Seattle. I…just…look at it! Wow.

Oh my goodness, oh my goodness! 180 sq feet of MIB vintage green, yellow and pink slubbed 9×9 linoleum tiles. Someone get me a paper bag, I am hyperventilating here. True vintage Harmony House by Sears.

A adorable matched and totally perfect pink range and wall oven for sale in Florida.  I am dying a little over this set, so perfect for my kitchen…

For the Living room/bedroom:

A cute floor lamp in MA that can’t decide if it wants to be MCM or traditional Mid-Century.  I think it could work in both types of rooms.

$10 can get you a super cute vintage shadowbox in MN.  I love the details on the frame on this one.

An ultra aqua and MCM Eskimo vintage fan can be yours if you live near Milwaukee, WI.  According to the ad, it still works, but even if it didn’t it would still be a great addition to an MCM room.

Amazing and large mirrored shadow box, also in the Milwaukee area. LOVE the natural wood on this.  I hope no one paints it!

Milwaukee is just a treasure trove this week!  Check out this kick-butt MCM oval chaise lounge.  I can’t even type how cool this is!

For the Bathroom:

A cute mint green sink and toilet are up for grabs in MN.  This color always makes me think of ice cream. Yum.

An ENTIRE mint green bathroom in Memphis is up for grabs, including the toothbrush holders, towel holders, etc.  This might be one to contact if you want to replace some peices!  The listing says that an entire peach bathroom and an entire blue bathroom will also be ripped out of the house soon, and I assume it will be almost the same fixtures! Poor little house….

9 Responses to The Craigslist Peepshow – Pink Ovens, Mint Bathrooms and Shadowboxes Galore

1. Annie B. Reply

February 11, 2010 at 12:38 pm

That thud you just heard was my lower jaw hitting my desk top. What a post!

I am fascinated by the huggable robin’s egg blue GE stove….I have what I always thought was a mid-1960’s GE refrigerator: a GE Spacesaver with the swing-out shelves. I noticed that the 1961 stove in RI has the exact same “egg and dart” style design on its trim as does my ‘fridge; therefore, perhaps my ‘fridge is even older than I think. Scary….’cause I can confirn that it’s been working wonderfully, and continously, since the ’70’s.
    I swear, if it dies, I’ll hold services. I do love it so!

February 11, 2010 at 1:04 pm

Sable!!!!! You can find the BEST stuff on C-List I swear!!! I LOVE it all. I esp. want that little chaise settee thing.

Annie B.! Please take pics of your fridge and send them into Ruth so we all can drool over it!

February 11, 2010 at 2:37 pm

Thanks again, Jan for sending all this great stuff! Annie is right, it did make a great post.

Speaking of being right, Sara is right on when she says we need pics of your fridge, Annie! We would love to see it. 🙂

February 11, 2010 at 2:52 pm

You’re so welcome, Ruth! Glad you used it in a post.

Road trip, anyone?

5. Annie B. Reply

February 11, 2010 at 4:54 pm

Ladies, just for fun, take a look at this vintage ad from 1965 for my model refrigerator. I only wish mine were yellow (it’s white). The egg and dart style trim is located at the top of the ‘fridge and on the fronts of the shelves of the door. I’ll try to get a photo for you! It came with our house which we bought in 1982; the ‘fridge is a real behemoth but I love it like a pet.
    The link: not sure if this will come out right….

February 12, 2010 at 12:42 am

Annie B. – I saw the yellow fridge in the link, it’s awesome girl! You are one lucky duck!

7. Annie B. Reply

February 12, 2010 at 3:01 pm

Thank you, Sara!!!! The ‘fridge and I appreciate your kind compliments! I really do love the thing. I first saw it in 1977; then, it became mine in ’82. They just don’t make ’em like that any more!

Sara, you are definitely the Queen of the Cool Stuff!!! Can’t get over all the great things you found at the Goodwill recently!!

Ruth, thanks again for one fine post!!

8. Ann Reply

March 24, 2010 at 12:14 am

Ladies,
    I have the same fridge and it received a lift, new metallic paint and everyone just loves the old GE! I have had this fridge for over 30 years and I bought it used from 2 college guys for $175 when I was considered young! Now I am on the search for a part. Everyone wish me well on the adventure of one part ot the old girl. I refuse to give her up! I will find the replacement part or have it built. What a fridge.

Ann_e_k

9. Karen Reply

July 29, 2012 at 12:46 am

OMG..!! Too funny!! I actually have one, of what appears to be one of the few, of those 1961 robin’s egg blue ovens! I have been trying desperately to figure out the age and information on this oven for years! I would love to sell it and upgrade to something ..well not blue! But I LOVE my stove!! It’s hard to find a good stove that can make the best cakes in the world! wow.. 1961.. that’s amazing!