Home » Decorating & Home » Time Capsule Homes » Won’t You Be My Neighbor – A Red Brick Time Capsule And A Few Mistakes

February 21, 2010

Won’t You Be My Neighbor – A Red Brick Time Capsule And A Few Mistakes

So, this house in Auburn is very cute, it has about 1300 square feet and is on about 9.5 acres.  Not bad for $139,000.

Cute.  I like the tile!

This seriously looks like a picture out of a 1950’s magazine!

I wish we could get a closer look at that table. Those chairs are familar, though, I just bought two of those in black at a recent estate sale.  I have to post pictures!

Okay, so that place was cute.  But I came across some pretty funny pics while I was looking for a good house for this week.

What the heck kind of addition is this???? It is like Frankenranch. Wow. Crazy.

Ok, the bunny in the rocker is a little nuts.  And there are way too many brass deer. Way too many. And I like brass deer, so it has to be pretty bad for me to say that.  But what really puts it over the top lion statue.  Lady, you have too much junk!

And, of course, I saw tons of stuff I loved and/or wanted:

That coffee table.

The outside of this house.

Some metal kitchen cabinets.

The vintage lights in this kitchen. Wow.

A different view of the lights. Still wow.

And the lights in the corner are swee.  The blue floral chair is nice as well!

Have a happy Sunday!

6 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor – A Red Brick Time Capsule And A Few Mistakes

February 21, 2010 at 10:37 am

There’s a “Frankenhouse” nearby where I live. The addition(s) don’t make rhyme or reason.

Love those hanging kitchen lights!

February 21, 2010 at 2:36 pm

Wow! That first house on almost 10 acres for only $139,000, that is amazing!!! The Frankenhouse – do you think they were trying to add on an attached garage or something??? Wow, the lion and all the brass deer are a bit much – esp. if you are trying to sell! I wonder if someone saw pics of my house would they say “Why does she have all those Mermaids?” 🙂

3. Diane Reply

February 21, 2010 at 11:05 pm

I’d buy the 10 acres in a heartbeat. Just think of how much vintage goodness could be stored in the 18×24 barn.

4. Kelly Reply

February 22, 2010 at 12:08 am

Ha! I wondered the same thing as Sara – if someone saw my house, would they say, “My god…what’s with all of the squirrels??” 🙂

I wonder if the “Frankenranch” used to have a breezeway in the middle there? I want that gold couch and the kitchen with those beautiful cabinets and orange counter tops. Sublime.

February 22, 2010 at 9:19 am

I know Sable, aren’t those kitchen lights crazy-awesome??? I hope someone who appreciates them buys that house!

Kelly and Sarah – I think crazy collections are just fine (I haven’t even posted pictures of all my Harlequin dishes) but not when you are trying to sell your house! 🙂 We should try to keep the crazy under wraps….

I was thinking a breezeway too, Kelly, on the Frankenranch. I bet it was cute at one time. They could at least unifiy the exterior so it isn’t so jarring!

Oh, I know, Diane. I was thinking the same thing! Vintage, orchards and maybe even a sculpture garden! 🙂

6. Annie B. Reply

February 22, 2010 at 10:47 am

The exterior of house #3 reminds me of a Cliff May rancho (my heart’s desire). Those lights in it are unbelievably cool. Harlequin dishes?? Whoowee…now you’re talkin’!!!!! Please post!!!