Home » Decorating & Home » Shopping » Pictures From Thrifting – Lamps, Chairs and TVs!

March 18, 2010

Pictures From Thrifting – Lamps, Chairs and TVs!

Oh my god, I am so tired! Feeding kittens is so hard. Thankfully when I talked to the vet today she said that I can stop getting up in the middle of the night to feed them. When she said that I seriously started bawling from relief. I got about 3 hours of sleep last night, and I just can’t keep going like this.  I feel like a zombie.

Aaaaanyway, here are some pictures from when Tom’s sister came to visit us.  She was patient enough to put up with us ducking into a few antique and thrift shops to check out the goodies.

My fingers itched while I was taking this picture.  I wanted everything in this room. Except for…that lion and tiger playing checkers.  What the heck is up with that?

Check out the kid’s shell chair! So cute!

These want to be on my porch.  I know they do!

Yes, those are giant piles of snow outside the window.  They are mostly gone after all the nice weather this week, though.

Here is the same sputnik light that I featured abuout a year ago.  They still want almost $700 for it!

Maggie, looking at the sputnik light. Thanks for coming to visit, and Happy Birthday! (Even though it is a little late)

10 Responses to Pictures From Thrifting – Lamps, Chairs and TVs!

1. frankieswife Reply

March 18, 2010 at 3:26 pm

Oooh! Turquoise TV Lust!!!

• RetroRuth Reply

March 19, 2010 at 12:29 pm

Oh, and hello to frankieswife! Turquoise TV lust is always welcome here…

2. Annie B. Reply

March 18, 2010 at 4:32 pm

Oh, merciful heavens!! Unbelievably good stuff. I want to live in that shop! I’d go stone cold broke if that place were nearby! Thanks for sharing the marvelous photos.

3. Annie B. Reply

March 18, 2010 at 4:36 pm

Oh, Ruth! Forgot to thank you once again for taking such good care of those kittens. I’ve been there, too; almost the same as caring for a human infant. They’re worth it, though. Hope they all find wonderful homes!

March 18, 2010 at 8:17 pm

Bay City, right?????? Are you saying that Maggie does not have the thrifting bug yet? And she would not enjoy going into each and every Goodwill and thrift store with ya for the whole ENTIRE day!!! Well we are just going to have to do something about that aren’t we!

PS – I think the Lion and Tiger pic would look fab prominently displayed on your fireplace! 🙂 🙂 🙂 I’m sure Tom would love it!

5. Maggie Reply

March 19, 2010 at 10:29 am

I obviously didn’t know that picture was being taken!! eek. I wish i would have seen the lion and tiger, that picture is awesome! Almost as awesome as the cosmic cow….

6. maggie Reply

March 19, 2010 at 10:32 am

ah! yak! i mean cosmic yak!

• RetroRuth Reply

March 19, 2010 at 12:28 pm

Ha ha! The cosmic Yak! If anyone else hasn’t seen the cosmic Yak, go to Regretsy.com and check it out!

Sara! It WAS Bay City, and you had better watch it or you are going to be getting the Lion and Tiger pic for Christmas. 🙂

Annie- It is SO hard not to buy anything there. Everytime I see a ton more stuff I want!

March 19, 2010 at 3:01 pm

Saw some Danish furniture crammed into the pictures!

I reserve the right to say nothing about the lion/tiger checkers game, LOL!

8. ragna g Reply

March 26, 2010 at 10:53 am

A house near where I used to live in Iowa City had one of those sputnik light fixtures on the porch. I loved seeing it when I’d walk home at night, but then it was stolen.