Home » Decorating & Home » Time Capsule Homes » Won’t You Be Anthea’s Neighbor – Mid-Century Time Capsule in Canada

March 14, 2010

Won’t You Be Anthea’s Neighbor – Mid-Century Time Capsule in Canada

This amazing house comes courtesy of reader Anthea this week, who writes:

I came across your site from some linkyness or another a while ago. Seeing your appreciation of mid century homes, I thought I’d share what I came across while I was trolling for houses in my city.  A real find! Unfortunately it is sold but all the pics work. I squealed out loud at the kitchen, and totally want all of the bathrooms (4). But, I’m totally digging what I call the “Kubrick Lounge-den-Thang” on the main floor. The price might seem a little steep, but this is in a very desirable post-war era suburb, and we have real weird buyers and sellers market here at the moment. Anywho, enough of jibber- jabbin’,  on with the show.

I agree!  Let’s show this baby!  Here is the upper level.

Wow.

This house is in the province of Newfoundland, and is totally amazing. Check out the listing here for more information.

It is a duplex, built in 1964 and has had only one owner.  There is over 4,000 square feet of space in this awesome house.  And all of it vintage-tastic.

Look!  Look at the tile! Look!

Love that table! And check out the pattern in the carpet…

Not sure what the point of this is (A room inside a room?) but I think I like it.

Oh yeah.  I totally like it.

KITCHEN!!!!!!!!

I actually think I am going to cry a little over this. Sniff. I love pink. And is that tile on the ceiling?

Check this out.

Yup. That would be a fold up scale in the pink bathroom wall. Awesome.

A different bathroom, another fold up scale and an amazing floor.

Completely tiled! And check out the swan shower door.

Gasp.

Gasp.

Ok, whew. Stopped breathing there for a second.  This has to be one of my most favorite bathrooms ever. And the ceilings ARE tiled!!!

I am pretty sure two of those bathrooms are from the lower level. So let’s check out the rest of the house.

Cute.  Love the built-ins!

Awww..this one doesn’t have colored appliances. But still cool.

A lot less natural light downstairs, don’t you think?

Holy crap, I love this room. Check out that sofa!

Whew, that is quite the post.  Thanks, Anthea!  And if anyone else has a great time capsule in their area, email it to me so we can all share it!

13 Responses to Won’t You Be Anthea’s Neighbor – Mid-Century Time Capsule in Canada

March 14, 2010 at 11:40 am

What a lovely name you have, Anthea!

OMG, the bathrooms are making me swoon!

The kitchens are the bomb and I love the front entry door!

Great photos, great post!

2. pam kueber Reply

March 14, 2010 at 11:48 am

woah, this one is indeed spectacular!

3. LuLu Reply

March 14, 2010 at 1:07 pm

Know what I love? That there are people out there that still love this stuff! To me that house is move-in-ready! I just don’t understand the fixation with everything “new and improved.” I for one just love the “old and fabulous.” Thanks SO much for sharing that.

LuLu

March 14, 2010 at 4:07 pm

OMG! That house is the BOMB!!! I don’t think $360,000 is a bad price at all for that place – it is HUGE and AWESOME. Can you just find me this EXACT place in AZ now, and all will be right with the world. 🙂

5. Amy Reply

March 14, 2010 at 5:31 pm

SO totally love it! Maybe the room inside the room is like a home office?

6. Jane/Mulchmaid Reply

March 14, 2010 at 5:42 pm

That’s a heck of a lot of vintage goodness for the price! I’m gussing the room inside the room is an in-home business waiting room: accountant, therapist, or such-like.
    Hope someone who really appreciates it gets this one!

7. Jane/Mulchmaid Reply

March 14, 2010 at 5:43 pm

Er, that would be me “guessing”.

8. Kelly Reply

March 14, 2010 at 8:13 pm

Oh. My. Stars! That fantastic-ness in that house just keeps going and going. I love the tiled fireplace hearth and those bathrooms (tiling the ceiling is seriously going the extra mile in my book) and that kitchen with the aqua appliances…wow. I also love that curious glassed room that almost feels like a doctor’s waiting room plopped down in the middle of the house. Fab-u-lous. Oh, and three cheers for those fold-away scale nooks. Out of sight…out of mind! 🙂

9. Maryanna Reply

March 14, 2010 at 8:33 pm

Those bathrooms are amazing! I also love that the ceiling is tiled, especially that it’s tiled on the diagonal! What a treat…thanks for sharing!

10. merilee ballew Reply

March 14, 2010 at 8:34 pm

Wow that was awsome loved the bathrooms..

11. Annie B. Reply

March 15, 2010 at 9:28 am

Good gosh! Does it get any cooler? Nothing zings my heart srtings like turquoise appliances. And those bathrooms – holy cow! The tiled hearth, too. Wow! Great post, Anthea. Thanks a million for the fun.

12. Jane @ The Borrowed Abode Reply

March 15, 2010 at 10:26 am

That’s totally interesting. Love the tiled ceilings in the bathrooms!

13. Retro ReDesign Reply

March 19, 2010 at 6:55 pm

I’m in LOVE! I can’t believe the Tile on The Ceiling and the Aqua Appliances AND the Room inside the room and the… I could go on forever!