Home » Decorating & Home » Time Capsule Homes » Won’t You Be Anthea’s Neighbor – Mid-Century Time Capsule in Canada

March 14, 2010

Won’t You Be Anthea’s Neighbor – Mid-Century Time Capsule in Canada

This amazing house comes courtesy of reader Anthea this week, who writes:

I came across your site from some linkyness or another a while ago. Seeing your appreciation of mid century homes, I thought I’d share what I came across while I was trolling for houses in my city.  A real find! Unfortunately it is sold but all the pics work. I squealed out loud at the kitchen, and totally want all of the bathrooms (4). But, I’m totally digging what I call the “Kubrick Lounge-den-Thang” on the main floor. The price might seem a little steep, but this is in a very desirable post-war era suburb, and we have real weird buyers and sellers market here at the moment. Anywho, enough of jibber- jabbin’,  on with the show.

I agree!  Let’s show this baby!  Here is the upper level.

This house is in the province of Newfoundland, and is totally amazing. Check out the listing here for more information.

It is a duplex, built in 1964 and has had only one owner.  There is over 4,000 square feet of space in this awesome house.  And all of it vintage-tastic.

Look!  Look at the tile! Look!

Love that table! And check out the pattern in the carpet…

Not sure what the point of this is (A room inside a room?) but I think I like it.

Oh yeah.  I totally like it.

I actually think I am going to cry a little over this. Sniff. I love pink. And is that tile on the ceiling?

Check this out.

Yup. That would be a fold up scale in the pink bathroom wall. Awesome.

A different bathroom, another fold up scale and an amazing floor.

Completely tiled! And check out the swan shower door.

Ok, whew. Stopped breathing there for a second.  This has to be one of my most favorite bathrooms ever. And the ceilings ARE tiled!!!

I am pretty sure two of those bathrooms are from the lower level. So let’s check out the rest of the house.

Cute.  Love the built-ins!

Awww..this one doesn’t have colored appliances. But still cool.

A lot less natural light downstairs, don’t you think?

Holy crap, I love this room. Check out that sofa!

Whew, that is quite the post.  Thanks, Anthea!  And if anyone else has a great time capsule in their area, email it to me so we can all share it!

13 Responses to Won’t You Be Anthea’s Neighbor – Mid-Century Time Capsule in Canada

March 14, 2010 at 11:40 am

What a lovely name you have, Anthea!

OMG, the bathrooms are making me swoon!

The kitchens are the bomb and I love the front entry door!

Great photos, great post!

2. pam kueber Reply

March 14, 2010 at 11:48 am

woah, this one is indeed spectacular!

3. LuLu Reply

March 14, 2010 at 1:07 pm

Know what I love? That there are people out there that still love this stuff! To me that house is move-in-ready! I just don’t understand the fixation with everything “new and improved.” I for one just love the “old and fabulous.” Thanks SO much for sharing that.

March 14, 2010 at 4:07 pm

OMG! That house is the BOMB!!! I don’t think $360,000 is a bad price at all for that place – it is HUGE and AWESOME. Can you just find me this EXACT place in AZ now, and all will be right with the world. 🙂

5. Amy Reply

March 14, 2010 at 5:31 pm

SO totally love it! Maybe the room inside the room is like a home office?

6. Jane/Mulchmaid Reply

March 14, 2010 at 5:42 pm

That’s a heck of a lot of vintage goodness for the price! I’m gussing the room inside the room is an in-home business waiting room: accountant, therapist, or such-like.
    Hope someone who really appreciates it gets this one!

7. Jane/Mulchmaid Reply

March 14, 2010 at 5:43 pm

Er, that would be me “guessing”.

8. Kelly Reply

March 14, 2010 at 8:13 pm

Oh. My. Stars! That fantastic-ness in that house just keeps going and going. I love the tiled fireplace hearth and those bathrooms (tiling the ceiling is seriously going the extra mile in my book) and that kitchen with the aqua appliances…wow. I also love that curious glassed room that almost feels like a doctor’s waiting room plopped down in the middle of the house. Fab-u-lous. Oh, and three cheers for those fold-away scale nooks. Out of sight…out of mind! 🙂

9. Maryanna Reply

March 14, 2010 at 8:33 pm

Those bathrooms are amazing! I also love that the ceiling is tiled, especially that it’s tiled on the diagonal! What a treat…thanks for sharing!

10. merilee ballew Reply

March 14, 2010 at 8:34 pm

Wow that was awsome loved the bathrooms..

11. Annie B. Reply

March 15, 2010 at 9:28 am

Good gosh! Does it get any cooler? Nothing zings my heart srtings like turquoise appliances. And those bathrooms – holy cow! The tiled hearth, too. Wow! Great post, Anthea. Thanks a million for the fun.

12. Jane @ The Borrowed Abode Reply

March 15, 2010 at 10:26 am

That’s totally interesting. Love the tiled ceilings in the bathrooms!

13. Retro ReDesign Reply

March 19, 2010 at 6:55 pm

I’m in LOVE! I can’t believe the Tile on The Ceiling and the Aqua Appliances AND the Room inside the room and the… I could go on forever!