Home » Decorating & Home » Shopping » Thrift More & Score » Pictures From Birthday Thrifting – Part 1

April 26, 2010

Pictures From Birthday Thrifting – Part 1

By RetroRuth

Hey guys!  Happy Monday….or something.  Hope you all had a great weekend.  I had a busy and fun weekend, even though my birthday was on Sunday and I turned the big 3-0.  Boo-urns.  So, to counteract my mild age-related depression (my hands look like my mom’s hands! Help!), Tom decided to take me thrifting/antiquing. And it was sucessful!   Here are a bunch of pictures, in no particular order.

More on the way! Sorry about the blurry ones!

10 Responses to Pictures From Birthday Thrifting – Part 1

April 26, 2010 at 12:02 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RUTH!!!!! Glad you got to go shopping. 🙂 Soooo, did you get to buy anything? Do you happen to remember the price on that rock/gravel art (the bird pics)? I was just curious because I have that one on the right, the peacock. I got it at Goodwill a while back for $4. I was just curious.

PS – Lets figure out a way to get younger, NOT older!

April 26, 2010 at 12:32 pm

A big Happy Birthday to you, Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuth! Back in the Sixties, you would have been “the establishment” at age 30, and not to be trusted, LOL!

Did you buy those birds for your bathroom?

Saraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! I could use a fountain of youth right now, LOL!

April 26, 2010 at 1:25 pm

I hear ya Sable! 😉

April 26, 2010 at 1:33 pm

Thanks, guys!

Sara – I think the gravel art was $40 for both pieces, so you got a good deal! I was trying to talk Tom into them, but he wasn’t listening. 🙂

Sable – I did buy something! I didn’t end up getting the birds, even though they were $6 and I wanted them. I ended up getting a really awesome candy dish that I am going to post up very soon. It is really sweet! Get it? Candy? Sweet? Ahhhh….so lame.

And yes, let’s find the fountain of youth! The first thing I am going to do is dip my hands in it. Gah.

5. Annie B. Reply

April 26, 2010 at 1:46 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RUTH!!!!! A good day of shopping can cure almost anything! I proved this at our local flea market this weekend while shopping with Heck’s Own case of hay fever. I found eight Libbey “Silver Leaf” tumblers for $4.00 and went home smiling through handfuls of Kleenex.

I love that panther! Must be a TV light?? How about that gold speckled “vanity top” among the pieces of doll furniture. Talk about attention to detail.

Ruth…..the big 3-0! I don’t care what they say, I still trust you! (just kidding!!) I actually have dim memories of turning thirty. I’m happy to report that I’m “so much younger now” ….. and no, the “B” is not for “Button”, thank you very much. (Sorry, folks; it’s the allergy medicine talking!)

6. Leah@Storybook Ranch Reply

April 26, 2010 at 1:51 pm

Happy Birthday!! I love the linens and rooster mugs. Can’t wait to see more 🙂

7. Kelly Reply

April 26, 2010 at 4:05 pm

Happy Birthday, Ruth! Looks like you had a fun day. I’m swooning by proxy with those photos. Those rooster mugs are boombastic.

And don’t let 30 get you down by any means. I’m about to turn 40 and I can honestly say that the 30’s are some really great years. I’d rather do those again than the 20’s. I think that in our 30’s, we are wise enough to appreciate things more.

April 26, 2010 at 11:24 pm

so many cute birds! I don’t know how you resisted buying all of them!

30’s not so bad – I’ve been at it for over a year (I am 31), it’s really not as bad as you think it would be 😀

9. Norita Reply

April 26, 2010 at 11:34 pm

Love the Petite Princess DollHouse Furniture!!! Did you buy any? Happy Birthday!

10. Pingback: Gravel Art and Milk Men – Huh??? | No Pattern Required