Home » Decorating & Home » Time Capsule Homes » Won’t You Be My Neighbor?

April 18, 2010

Won’t You Be My Neighbor?

By Sablemable

Not exactly next door, since the featured home is in Toledo, Ohio, approximately a 3 hour drive from my home in Michigan.  Quite a distance to travel to borrow a cup of sugar!

Why Toledo, you ask.  One, there wasn’t any new time-capsule homes for sale in my neck of the woods, and two, childhood memories:  my parents grew up there, later met when they worked for Short Way Bus Lines, and of course, soon married.  Every summer we would travel to Toledo to visit the grandparents and other relatives.  Such good times we had back then!

Toledo has some very lovely neighborhoods and some wonderful mid-century modern homes such as this one at 3624 Camille Drive.  The home has 3 bedrooms and 1.5 baths and the asking price is $119,900.00.  That’s a great price, but I have no idea what the job situation is in Toledo nowadays.  There used to be a Chevy plant there and the American Motors/Jeep Corporation plant, along with Kaiser Aluminum and Libbey-Owens factories.

Sit back, sip your favorite beverage and enjoy the photos courtesy of www.realtor.com.  I’m not going to point out the fabulous features; I’ll let you go on a treasure hunt and ooh and ahh over your finds.

The photos are arranged in this order:  front of the house, back of the house, entrance, kitchen/eating area, family room, bedrooms and the full bath.

Oh, how I miss Toledo!

Jan aka sablemable

13 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor?

April 18, 2010 at 8:54 am

OMG Jan!!! That house is amazingly fantastic. I wonder if you could purchase it with the owner’s furniture. I love that wallpaper wall in the living room and the cork flooring in the family room. Beautiful!

April 18, 2010 at 10:16 am

The furniture is pretty awesome! But I’m wondering if the wallpaper is really a mural, since those were so popular back then. I like to imagine it as a mural, LOL, since I am kind of attracted to them.

April 18, 2010 at 10:17 am

Forgot to mention the year built: 1956

April 18, 2010 at 1:02 pm

Wow! That is a really great house. I esp. love the pink bathroom! Great find Jan!

5. Jason Reply

April 18, 2010 at 10:17 pm

Next time you’re in T-town, be sure to check out the Lincolnshire neighborhood near Secor and Central. A whole neighborhood of mid fifties “california contemporary” homes! Sadly it’s looking a little shabby around the edges but the home styles rock…and I think they have association rules to keep them intact!

April 18, 2010 at 10:32 pm

Thanks, Jason! I still remember where Secor and Central are, LOL!

7. Annie B. Reply

April 19, 2010 at 10:26 am

Holy Toledo! Yes, I’ll be your neighbor. That’s one elegant house!

8. Pam Kueber Reply

April 19, 2010 at 11:09 am

Oh my goodness — what an amazing house! Love love love love love.

9. AmyCole Reply

April 19, 2010 at 11:19 am

I live in Toledo Oh,and nice, nice, nice! One of the perks about living here, is that you really get great houses at great prices!

10. Ashley Reply

April 19, 2010 at 11:56 am

Great house! I would want to purchase it with all the furniture too!

11. meghan Reply

April 19, 2010 at 2:48 pm

i grew up partially in toledo and still have family there…the wonderful thing about toledo is that there are homes/neighborhoods from several different eras and they are usually pretty well kept or renovated/restored. i love the old west end big houses and all the rambling ranches scattered around other areas.

April 19, 2010 at 6:17 pm

Amy and Meghan-I haven’t been to Toledo since my aunt died in the early Nineties, but while we were there, we took a drive over to the street where my maternal grandparents lived (Albion Street)for years. Grandma once received an award from the city for having the most beautiful flower garden (Grandma grew roses and zinnias). We used to walk to the Kroger Store for groceries (Monroe Street) and walk up Monroe the other way to buy meat at Provo’s Meat Market, which, I understand, had burned down years ago. They had the best meat!

13. Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese Reply

April 21, 2010 at 8:47 am

Wow, fantastic! I especially love the stained glass sidelights and mural.