Home » Decorating & Home » Vintage » Sara Visits The PCC Flea Market!

May 18, 2010

Sara Visits The PCC Flea Market!

By Sara In AZ

___________________________________________________________

What is the PCC Flea Market you ask? Well, it is the Pasadena City College Flea Market in Pasadena, California and HERE is the link. This Flea Market is held the first Sunday of every month from 8 am – 3pm. It is totally free to get in, you only have to pay $2 for parking. Mike and I have been to this Flea Market before and we always have a great time when we go. If you are in the Pasadena area around the first of the month I highly recommend you check it out. Here are pics of just some of the vintage goodies that were for sale.

Oh, so many things to see – so little time! It was really fun and a nice little break from Arizona. Up next, on Thursday – see what I found!

7 Responses to Sara Visits The PCC Flea Market!

May 18, 2010 at 9:14 am

What a great flea market, Saraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

You snapped shots of practically everything that I love vintage!

May 18, 2010 at 10:35 am

OMG Sara! I am DY-ING over those rattan chairs and that round rattan shelf. Perfect for the tiki room. Do you ship to MI?!?!? 🙂

May 18, 2010 at 12:04 pm

Sableeeeeeeeeeeeee! Glad you liked the pics, wish you could go sometime!

Ruth – Oh, you are right, they would look PERFECT! I’ll see what I can do about shipping. 🙂

4. Dr. Julie-Ann Reply

May 18, 2010 at 9:37 pm

Hey! That’s where My Honey teaches sculpting for the art department! Did you see him when you were there? He stopped into the flea market to pick up some tools from the tool guy before heading over to the studio.

It IS a great flea market and there are just a couple of tips I think people should know about, especially if they are going in the summer: Take plenty of water with you. I don’t know if it is the asphalt or what but it seems like everyone becomes a dehydrated a little faster than usual and make sure you wear a hat and/or sunglasses because the sun can really beat down on your head.

I like the PCC flea market much, much more than the (in)famous Rose Bowl flea market (second Sunday of each month). And, the PCC flea market goes toward student-related stuff, so that makes it even better!

5. Annie B. Reply

May 19, 2010 at 9:25 am

Oh, my. I just might be too faint of heart to visit the PCC Flea. I can take the sun, the heat, the dehydration, but all that luscious mid mod stuff…..ah, my face would be on the pavement at first sight of it all. Thank you Sara, for the vicarious thrill!

May 19, 2010 at 11:28 am

Dr. Julie-Ann – Yes, I did see your honey – he was surprised to see me there! he he 😉 I had always wanted to go to the Rose Bowl, but had never been; then this Flea Market was HIGHLY recommended to me. So we blew off the Rose Bowl and went to PCC. I heard it has pretty much the same vintage sellers as the Rose Bowl without all the hassle of going to the Rose Bowl. It is a great campus by the way, and I always get a kick out of the students selling Krispy Kremes to raise $$$.

Annie B. – So glad you liked the pics, you would LOVE this place! 🙂

7. Dr. Julie-Ann Reply

May 21, 2010 at 7:46 pm

Well that explains his goofy grin when he got home. *chuckle*

You found some great things! I’m on a personal budget right now so I didn’t even dare to go over there.