Home » Decorating & Home » Vintage Crafty » Sewing » Vintage Crafty Saturday – Free Seahorse & Goldfish Knitted Softies Pattern

May 29, 2010

Vintage Crafty Saturday – Free Seahorse & Goldfish Knitted Softies Pattern

By RetroRuth

Hooray for the weekend!  Finally. Whew.  Anyway, this week’s free pattern comes from the McCall’s Annual of Creative Handicrafts from 1960-something. Not quite sure of the exact date.  However, I am pretty darn sure that these knitted sea creatures are awesome.

7 Responses to Vintage Crafty Saturday – Free Seahorse & Goldfish Knitted Softies Pattern

May 29, 2010 at 8:58 am

I knew a woman who could knit and crochet just about anything out there. Remember the Smurfs? When I told her that my Dad loved to watch the Smurfs and especially Papa Smurf, she made a Papa Smurf for him. I still have it.

May 29, 2010 at 12:42 pm

Awwww, what a cute seahorse!

Sable – your Dad watched the Smurfs???? I watched the Smurfs too!

May 29, 2010 at 8:07 pm

Yep, when Dad retired, he began to watch tv more and more, even the cartoons, LOL! God love him!

4. marci in arkansas Reply

August 14, 2010 at 6:04 pm

any way to get clearer image of pattern i would love to knit these they are cool

August 14, 2010 at 10:44 pm

Hi Marci! I scanned this from a book, so this is about as clear as I can get them. Try clicking on the pattern information, it will open a larger version of the pattern in your browser window. The print should be clear then! :)

6. Grace Reply

September 10, 2011 at 1:35 pm

I don’t have much experience in the knitting world.. I was wondering what the codes were for the stitches? For example, the “K”, “p”, “inc”, etc. It would be great if you could help me out here! Thank you.

• Anonymous Reply