Home » Decorating & Home » Vintage » Won’t You Be My Neighbor?

May 2, 2010

Won’t You Be My Neighbor?

By Sablemable aka Jan

Here we are at 7389 Westwood Drive in sunny Riverside, California!  This home which was built in 1954,  is being sold by the original owner.  Although it’s on the pricey side, at $349,900.00, it has everything that a MCM fanatic would die for in a home!  The home is listed with Coldwell Banker and can be seen at www.realtor.com.

Front and back.

Foyer/Entry and living area.

The kitchen.

The Bathrooms.

The Bedrooms.

Tell me what’s your favorite details about the house and if you find any little “treasures” upon viewing.

And Readers,  feel free to suggest a city here in North America that you’d like me to find and feature a time-capsule MCM home.

9 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor?

May 2, 2010 at 12:21 pm

Beautiful house! I am absolutely in love with the turquoise tile in the one bathroom.

2. Michelle in Iowa Reply

May 2, 2010 at 12:38 pm

Hands down, for me the best feature are the built-ins. Looks like there are some in every room. Love them! And did you notice the sweet starburst clock on the brick (is that the back of the fireplace?)

May 2, 2010 at 3:59 pm

I’m not quite sure if that’s the back of the fireplace or what, but love the built-ins, too. Yes, God love the original owner for keeping the home sooooooo MCM!

4. Lorie B. Reply

May 2, 2010 at 4:04 pm

Beautiful! The only thing I don’t care for is the color of the carpet. I think a blue would be so much more appealing. But, that is all personal taste. Thanks for sharing!

5. Manny Reply

May 2, 2010 at 4:31 pm

Ugh, that brown bathroom just made me cry a little… so amazing, I can’t believe those windows. And the patio in the back is unbelievable!

6. Jane/Mulchmaid Reply

May 2, 2010 at 9:55 pm

A lovely, lovely home. I love all the beautifully finished wood details: the cabinets, the built-ins, the closet doors, the bathroom counter edging … what a treasure. Frankly, it’s a steal at 349,900, at least if you live in Portland, OR.

7. Annie B. Reply

May 3, 2010 at 9:48 am

I’m loving that fabulous room divider with the planter…AH!!!!
    And those incredible lamps, and the sink in the turq bath, and the built-in’s…..well, the whole dang house, actually. Even like the avocado carpeting..so period! Thank you, Sable, for sharing all the gorgeous visuals!

May 3, 2010 at 11:42 am

I’m happy that you all have enjoyed my pick of MCM housing this weekend!

I love it when I’m searching for a home to feature and I’ll see a home listed as “grandma’s house”, or “original owner”, which means it’s probably a time-capsule.

May 4, 2010 at 4:03 am

Oooh, we were really close to this house this weekend, I should have tried to drive by it, but we ran out of time! Really beautiful house though!