Home » Decorating & Home » Vintage » Won’t You Be My Neighbor

May 16, 2010

Won’t You Be My Neighbor

This particular home has been featured before, however, the price has gone down and this home is so MCM fantastic, so I decided to showcase it again.

The house is located at 2008 Sunset Drive  in St. Joseph, Michigan, which is directly across the St. Joseph River from Benton Harbor, probably less than two miles from my abode.  It was built in 1952, has 4,115 square feet of living area, a 2 car attached garage, 3 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms.  The price for all of this is now $234,000.00 (it was closer to $300,000.00).   CORE Real Estate has the listing and the photos and info are courtesy of www.realtor.com.

THE FRONT AND FRONT ENTRY

THE GARAGE AND WALKOUT BASEMENT

THE BACKYARD AND PATIO

THE LIVING ROOM

THE KITCHEN AND EATING AREA

LAUNDRY ROOM

THE PINK, YELLOW AND BROWN BATHROOMS

THE MASTER BEDROOM

THE BASEMENT

Saraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This house is perfect for you!

Tell me what you like about this house, readers!  I absolutely L-O-V-E feedback!

11 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor

May 16, 2010 at 8:50 am

OMG! *Gasp* *Gasp*
    That house is so awesome. Over 4000 square feet? Crazy!

We are going to redo our basement floor soon with Armstrong tile, and I am thinking I should steal that basement floor pattern! Wow!

Thanks, Jan!

May 16, 2010 at 12:18 pm

Ruuuuuuuuth! I’ve found some other unique MCM tile patterns while searching for time-capsule homes, so let me go back and find some to send to you.

May 16, 2010 at 1:22 pm

OMG JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!

You are right, that is the PERFECT house for me. Maybe Mike and I need to think seriously about moving to Michigan. The house we looked at yesterday was total crap. It would be my dream to find something like this – and at that price too!!!!

May 16, 2010 at 1:53 pm

Saraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wonder if the LECO Company is hiring? Or Whirlpool?

Your pink steel cabs would look fantastic in that kitchen! And that area at the one end of the huge living room (with all the windows) would make a lovely formal dining room, wouldn’t it?

May 16, 2010 at 3:47 pm

I have looked at some wonderful MCM homes online and my only regret is that I don’t have the money to buy them all!

If I could, I would buy them and give them away, free, to MCM aficionados.

May 16, 2010 at 5:02 pm

You are the absolute BEST Jan!!!! 🙂

May 16, 2010 at 5:04 pm

No, YOU and RUTH are the best!

8. Annie B. Reply

May 17, 2010 at 9:42 am

Hi. My name is Annie and I’m an MCM aficionado. Hurry, Sable, I need my fix. Please become very wealthy very soon, OK? Lottery tickets, anyone??

I could live in the basement and just one of the bathrooms of this incredible house. You could host a roller derby in that basement!
    Look at those double sinks in the yellow bathroom. Three (count ’em) wonderful tiled bathrooms. This house has me bordering on hysteria, can you tell?

Thank you thank you for a great post!

May 17, 2010 at 10:10 am

LOL, Annieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!! You crack me up!

10. Lorie Reply

May 17, 2010 at 2:48 pm

Holy cow! That house is a STEAL…in that area, that q footage, and in such amazing condition. I am going to have to drive by there. Just to drool. Can’t afford to move right now. It wouldbea dream with 4 kids. Our hosue right now is only 900 sq.ft.

Sigh, someday. Working of getting rid of all debt right now, then we will save and get the ‘dream home’.

May 18, 2010 at 1:23 pm

Lorie, I would die for that home, but what in the heck would I do with all that room? Get lost in it, I guess!

Yes, I should do a drive-by myself.