Home » Decade » 1950 » Photos From Amazing Time Capsule Estate Sale

July 19, 2010

Photos From Amazing Time Capsule Estate Sale

By RetroRuth

Wow!  My friend Kathryn and I recently stumbled on the most amazing estate sale.  Unfortunately, everything was priced a little too rich for us, but we sure did have a great time digging through boxes of stuff and taking pictures. A lot of pictures!  Check out the slideshow below of over 40 pictures of the house.  It had some great, colorful combos, and lots of really interesting pieces to drool over!

[tylr-slidr userID=”” groupID=””]http://www.flickr.com/photos/34773478@N07/sets/72157624516472560/[/tylr-slidr]

7 Responses to Photos From Amazing Time Capsule Estate Sale

1. Kelly Reply

July 19, 2010 at 8:32 am

That is absolute DREAM sale! So much great stuff…the color combo in the kitchen is so very nice and I love those curtains and furniture pieces. I’m also intrigued by that huge stack of records. And my gosh, that’s a lot of axes! 🙂

July 19, 2010 at 10:36 am

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE tell me that you got those mermaids Ruth!!!!!!!!

3. Sharon Reply

July 19, 2010 at 10:53 am

Yes please to everything … except maybe I’ll just limit my haul to one axe.

July 19, 2010 at 2:22 pm

Kelly – I know! I was totally overwhelmed by the whole thing. By the time I got to the axes I was almost too burned out to get freaked out! 🙂

Sara – Oh God! I am a terrible friend! I didn’t get them, are you going to kill me?

Sharon – Who knows? Maybe someday you will need, like, 20 of them. 🙂

July 19, 2010 at 4:11 pm

Oh Nooooooooooo!!!! Maybe next time. 🙁

6. Miss Marwood Reply

July 19, 2010 at 5:34 pm

This is just amazing, as if time stood still.. I love the paper lanterns… and the mermaids, lol!

7. Annie B. Reply

July 20, 2010 at 10:07 am

What a fabulous sale! Thanks for those photos. I don’t know if I could’ve restrained myself around all that incredibly cool stuff. (oh, yeah….when I ran outa cash, that is!)