Home » Decorating & Home » Vintage » Please VOTE for Eartha! Starburst Glasses too!

July 22, 2010

Please VOTE for Eartha! Starburst Glasses too!

By Sara In AZ

*************EARTHA NEEEDS OUR VOTE****************

*************EARTHA NEEEDS OUR VOTE****************

OK, so I hope everyone has already checked out Eartha Kitsch’s new blog Ranch Dressing with Eartha Kitsch. And, if you have not – well, we are just gonna have to lasso your butt and drag you over there aren’ t we! Just kiddin’ y’all! Well, I wanted to ask all the awesome readers of the No Pattern Required blog if they could do a big, huge favor for me. You see, Eartha needs our votes so she can win a visit from the Kozy Shack Pudding Patrol! I ask you, who in their right mind, does not want to see her do a post on the Kozy Shack Pudding Patrol? I know I want to see what the Pudding Patrol looks like. Hmmmmm, maybe it’s a bunch of people dressed up in pudding outfits, or maybe they arrest you if you do not have enough Kozy Shack pudding (uh-oh, better be careful Eartha, they might throw you in the Puddin’ Prison). The possibilities are endless in dreaming of the Pudding Patrol. But I digress, if the Pudding Patrol pays her a visit she also has the chance to win some much needed $$$$$! So, I humbly ask y’all – could you pretty please, with double and triple sugar on top, vote for Eartha in the Kozy Shack pudding contest. You can vote for her once a day until September 15th and voting is SUPER easy. Click HERE for the link to vote. Trust me y’all, I have checked out all the other entries in the Kozy Shack contest and no one even comes close to Eartha ! Eartha deserves to win, and she can win with our help! Spread the word if you want to see a visit from the Pudding Patrol!

Here is Eartha Kitsch’s entry in the Kozy Shack Pudding Contest! Please look for her picture! And thanks for your help y’all!

Hi Jack! That Kozy Shack sure does look Mmmm, Mmmm goood!

And, may I ever so humbly ask for your help one more time? I picked up these Starburst glasses last week at Goodwill and I haven’t  a clue about them at all. Has anyone ever seen these before, or know when they were made? Or, who made them?

There are 6 water(?) goblets and 7 champagne cups.

The little Starburst shapes are actually etched into the glasses, not applied with paint.

Has anyone ever seen these before????

22 Responses to Please VOTE for Eartha! Starburst Glasses too!

1. Kelly Reply

July 22, 2010 at 9:16 am

Thanks so much, Sara! 🙂 And thanks to anyone who is willing to vote for me! I REALLY appreciate it. Yesterday, I was in 2nd place! But today….4th place. Jack and I are slipping… 🙁

I’d LOVE it if everyone would vote as the winner is judged on who gets the most votes and this contest runs for a loooong two months and people can vote every day. The grand prize winner will win between $20,000 and a MILLION dollars. Um, wow.

Thanks again!

Those glasses are amazing, Sara. I don’t have any info but I do know that they are stunning!

July 22, 2010 at 9:41 am

Love the glasses, Sara! I am not sure who the manufacturer is on those, but they are super cool. Great find!

Good luck, Kelly! My vote is in!

3. Emerly Reply

July 22, 2010 at 11:06 am

Not sure who makes them, but I have tall drinking glasses, a glass pitcher and silverware all in the same starburst pattern.

July 22, 2010 at 8:16 pm

Oooh, those glasses really are gorgeous! What a great find! I am no help as to who made them, either, sorry.

Got my vote in. Now I have an urge to go and eat some rice pudding! Darn pregnancy, makes me so suggestible food-wise, LOL

5. Adriane Reply

July 22, 2010 at 8:28 pm

I LOVE those glasses, although I don’t know anything about them. I’ve been having a saga of starburst flatware recently, so I feel your pain. My mom bought me a set of knives with this adorable starburst pattern at her thrift store. Then I found two bundles of starburst knives at my thrift store (why is always only the knives???) and as I was unwrapping all of them, I realized they were three different patterns, although they all featured the starburst pattern. I only identified one, and it was called “twin star” and it’s by Oneida, but in association with Betty Crocker. Maybe try looking to see if Betty Crocker ever partnered with some glassware companies?? It’s a long shot, but the only thing I can think of.

• Jacki Reply

January 3, 2015 at 11:18 am

Adriane, I’m not sure if you are familiar with the now defunct Betty Crocker Catalog. I don’t remember when it started, but I have been married 34 years this March and I and both of my sisters ordered our silverware from them. You could buy real silverware, flatware, dishes and just about anything that would make a great wedding gift or for your hope chest. You used the point coupons on Betty Crocker baking products packages and it lowered the cost according to how many points they required. I remember several years ago they ended the catalog, but I don’t remember when. It was really great for starting out your hope chest (hmmm, do they still have hope chests?),

July 22, 2010 at 8:37 pm

Oh Kelly! We have to get you into first place girl! We CANNOT let you and Jack slip!!! 🙂

Ruth – Thanks for the compliment! I’m sure I’ll figure out who made them someday!

Emerly – Ooooh, your starburst stuff sounds really cool! You should send in pics sometime!

Andrea – Thanks so much! Now go eat some rice pudding! 🙂

July 22, 2010 at 8:47 pm

Adriane – I know the Twin Star pattern – that is so cool you have it! I love that pattern. Sounds like you are set for life with the Starburst knives! 🙂 That is a great idea to see if Betty Crocker ever partnered with a glass company because the Twin Star pattern and the glasses are very similar. Thanks for your help!

8. Annie B. Reply

July 23, 2010 at 3:28 pm

Eartha has my vote, every day from now until she wins the big one.

AAAHHHHHHHHHH. Starburst! I’m drooling. Way to go, Sara! Don’t tell me you got these at Goodwill’s dollar days???? I want to guess that they’re Libbey or maybe even Anchor Hocking. I’ll do some research and see what I can find. What a cool score, girl!

There’s a website, of which you might already be aware, replacements.com, located in Greensboro, NC, which has an online inventory of china, flatware, glassware, etc. which boggles the mind. I use it a lot to find the names of dinnerware I find at thrifts. Their prices are pretty steep, but if you’re determined to fill out a set, they’re who you want.

July 23, 2010 at 11:54 pm

Annie B. – Thanks so much for voting every day for Eartha! You are a doll! Spread the word if you can! We need to see the Pudding Patrol. 🙂

Well, I did get the glasses at Goodwill…..it was not dollar day….buuuuuut they were 99 cents each. Oooh, let me know if you find anything on these. You could be right about Libby or Anchor Hocking. I looked everywhere for a marking on these, but there is nothing.

Replacements.com, they do have everything don’t they! The prices are pretty steep. I wonder if the sales have gone down now that E-bay is so popular? It would be interesting to know.

Thanks for all your help girl! 🙂

10. Kelly Reply

July 24, 2010 at 2:13 pm

Thanks everyone for voting! If I win, I promise that I will take tons of photos of whatever the Pudding Patrol is!

11. Harpy Reply

July 31, 2010 at 4:32 am

I have some similar goblets and assorted drinking vessels in a starburst pattern like that, no idea on the manufacturer. I presume mine are English or Australian made. I also have a Stuart crystal cocktail/aperitif jug and goblets and some tumblers in the ‘Startime’ pattern. That pattern was originally from the 1880s and then revived in the 1940s when starburst patterns became popular again.

As for cutlery, the stainless steel starburst stuff I have is a pattern called ‘Sandra’, made in Japan. The EPNS I have is Rodd ‘Stardust’.

July 31, 2010 at 12:46 pm

Thanks for all the info Harpy, I appreciate it!

13. Patti S Reply

June 19, 2011 at 10:12 pm

I just happened upon your blog searching for information on that same stemware. I just purchased a set of six each of champagne, wine and cordial glasses at a rummage sale for $2! 🙂 I’m curious to know if you ever found out any information on these.

Great blog by the way! Love mid century! 🙂

June 20, 2011 at 1:10 am

Patti S – Hi! Glad you found our blog, we all super LOVE mid-century here – can’t get enought of it!!!

Unfortunately, I have not been able to figure out who manufactured these glasses………… yet. I am sure I will happen upon the manufacturer some day, when I do I will be sure to post it. If you ever come across any info be sure to let us know. 🙂 And $2, that is a steal!!!

15. Jeremy Reply

April 6, 2012 at 11:48 pm

I believe that style of glass is by Quartzex, made by C G Japan. My wife and I have a couple pieces of that set as well, but not nearly as many as you do. I have been researching tumblers with star burst patterns for a project I am working on and I came across several listings on etsy, ebay, even a couple on craigslist. I warn you, I haven’t been able to verify this with anything official, but that does nothing to diminish how awesome this pattern is.

• Sara In AZ Reply

April 7, 2012 at 4:03 am

Jeremy!!! Thank you SO much for your comment and for finally cluing me into who (possibly) made these glasses!!! I SO appreciate it, you have no idea. I totally understand about not being able to verify the pattern, though I googled it and it looks very much like what other people are selling by the Quartzex name. If possible can you let me know what are able to find out on your research project, I am really curious about the starburst patterns too!

• Mary Reply

March 4, 2015 at 10:32 pm

I have the whole set minus the pilsner glasses. They are Quartzex made in Japan. Mine are still in the original boxes

• Sara In AZ Reply

March 5, 2015 at 1:33 am

Thanks so very much for the info Mary, I appreciate it!

16. sophie Reply

April 8, 2014 at 8:03 am

Hi, I was just browsing the internet to find out the same thing and stumbled across your site! I’m a tour guide at a stately home in the Uk, and the family still live in the house (since 1560, wow!) but they have this same set of glasses on the dining room table. There are wine glasses and then tiny sherry glasses. I don’t know if they have any jugs, etc. I fell in love with them, of course, but the other guides aren’t so smitten – apparently they are 1920’s Woolworths (!) or so the family says. I’m not sure at all (they might be joking with us) – I know they aren’t Stuart and I can’t find them on the internet anywhere except on blogs and ebay, etc. They are fairly common (there’s quite a few around) and if it’s both in the UK and US then maybe Woolworths is a reasonable assumption. so maybe they could be, after all that! They are still beautiful, and in a way I like them even more for being from Woolies – if they are special enough to grace an eighteenth century dining room table in a stately home, they’re good enough for me!
    A nice find, well done – I wish I had a set of my own!

17. Sue Reply

December 11, 2014 at 12:20 am

I don’t know the pattern name on your starburst glasses. I have been looking for some for my daughter’s 4th of July wedding. If you have discovered the name, please let me know. Thanks,

18. Charis Reply

January 2, 2015 at 6:01 pm

I have the same set I think… It’s complete with ice bucket and pitcher… so cute and 50’s ish! O don’t know the real value either since there is no markings on the bottoms of the pieces… They were in my first house when we bought it (and all of it’s contents)8 years ago…. I love them and just started using them now that I have more space in a new house. If you have any info please share. I don’t think I’d ever get rid of them they are so unique… but it’s nice to know the value 🙂