Home » Decorating & Home » Vintage » Won’t You Be My Neighbor?

July 18, 2010

Won’t You Be My Neighbor?

By Sablemable aka Jan

Our un-virtual tour is at 3132 Cleveland Avenue in Michigan City, Indiana.  The home, a split-level, was built in 1958, has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1,398 square feet and has been a ONE OWNER HOME!!!!!!  Century 21 Middleton County, Inc is the broker and the home is listed for $149,900.00.  Photos are courtesy of Keller Williams.

This is a dandy home, gang!  Lots of wood going on in this house and I do love my wood!  Tell me what catches your eye!

12 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor?

1. Dr. Julie-Ann Reply

July 18, 2010 at 9:28 am

I used to drive by this house on the way to/from work at the university! Granted, it’s been 7 years since I moved away, but as I recall, it was in a neighborhood where everyone kept their lawns/homes neat and tidy without being Los Angeles-like obsessive about it. The houses always seemed so inviting and I wanted to live in one of them.

I’ll confess that the color and wood combinations aren’t working for me. I don’t know if it is because the wood is so warm and yellow and the cool color of the paints aren’t complimentary or what but I’d probably repaint the rooms.

Love the wood, love the exterior but the colors aren’t working for me.

July 18, 2010 at 10:18 am

Hi, Dr. Julie-Ann! It’s always nice whenever one can actually see and know of a house that’s for sale. Yes, I agree about the paint colors clashing with the wood finish. I’d probably re-paint and refinish the wood (I’m a neutral gal who likes blond wood finishes).

3. Kelly Reply

July 18, 2010 at 12:35 pm

Good gravy! and wow! That sweet little home is gorgeous. I love the front but I think that I love the back even more. And the finishes in the kitchen are wonderful. That foyer…the floors in the bathrooms…perfection.

Here’s to one owner homes!

July 18, 2010 at 12:54 pm

Hi, Kelly! I also love the built-ins in and off the foyer.

Yes to one owner homes everywhere! Cheers, Probst and Mazel Tov!

July 18, 2010 at 2:31 pm

I am also loving the wood! that garage door is also gorgeous, and I love the foyer! The tile in there is an interesting colour scheme

July 18, 2010 at 3:01 pm

That house is AWESOME!!!!!!! That glass entry divider thing is soooooo cool, and the kitchen, and the bathrooms, heck I even love the garage door too! Great find girl!!!

July 18, 2010 at 3:13 pm

There’s not much about this home that I don’t love, LOL!

How did you miss the pull-down light over the table in the kitchen, girl? LOL!

8. Kara Andersen Reply

July 18, 2010 at 3:59 pm

Oh what a cute house. So many parts of it remind me of the house from The Brady Bunch, espically the kitchen!

July 18, 2010 at 6:45 pm

Hi, Kara!

Glad you enjoyed the “tour,” LOL!

10. Amy Reply

July 19, 2010 at 3:49 am

I love everything about it – let’s the new owners restore it rather than rip out the original features.

11. Annie K Reply

July 19, 2010 at 12:23 pm

I’m a sucker for slate. I love the foyer.

12. Erin Reply

July 22, 2010 at 8:50 pm

WOW, that is a fabulous house!

By the way, I just finished reading your blog from beginning to end 🙂 People after my own heart!