Home » Decorating & Home » Jeffie The Lefton Mouse And His Cheese – Thrifted Salt & Pepper Shaker

August 2, 2010

Jeffie The Lefton Mouse And His Cheese – Thrifted Salt & Pepper Shaker

By RetroRuth

I found the cutest salt and pepper shakers while out thrifting recently, an adorable little mouse and his piece of cheese. I decided to name the mouse Jeffie.  He just kind of looks like a Jeffie, you know?

Jeffie and his cheese are a nested set of S&P shakers from Lefton.  And no, I did not recognize them.  Jeffie was considerate enough to come with a label on his little backside.

I was drawn to this set because of Jeffie’s enormous eyes, and the fact that he is kicking through a piece of cheese!

Ooooooo…three dimensional!

For now, Jeffie is hanging out with my Harlequin collection in the big china cabinet.  But I hope to find a shadowbox for him and his cheese soon!

What do you think, Sara??  Would Jeffie and George be good friends???

Tell us what great stuff you found this weekend, guys!  We would love to rejoice with you!

6 Responses to Jeffie The Lefton Mouse And His Cheese – Thrifted Salt & Pepper Shaker

1. Sharon Reply

August 2, 2010 at 3:51 pm

Awwww! Jeffie is just the cutest little guy — I love that foot kicking through the cheese!

• Erin Reply

December 12, 2011 at 12:46 am

My mother bought one just like in Vancouver at Murchie’s Tea and Coffee shop in the 70’s. I misplaced it for awhile and my DH just located it after I googled this blog! I still think it is one of the cutest one of my treasures!

2. Kristine Reply

August 2, 2010 at 5:27 pm

Oh he is so cute!!!
    I have a Jeffie companion to your s-p’s..it a small snack
    platter with jeffie serving cheese to his friends!..lol.

3. Kelly Reply

August 2, 2010 at 5:49 pm

I love him! And I am so glad to see him – I have the cheese but never knew what the heck was supposed to go with it! 🙂

This weekend was kind of slow. I found one piece of Pyrex and one of those old kitchen sponge holders in the shape of a frog. 🙂

August 2, 2010 at 8:29 pm

OMG, this is too weird … I picked up the IDENTICAL salt and pepper shaker set this weekend!! However, I have not yet named my mouse, LOL

August 2, 2010 at 10:37 pm

OK Ruth, George promised me that she would ONLY be friends with Jeffie, not try to bite or chase him – because she is a good girl! *Wink*Wink* 🙂

Seriously, that is an awesome S&P set! And sooo cool that you found both pieces together AND not broken – I am jealous!!!! Great find girl!!!!!

Can you believe I did not find one single thing thrifting this weekend! The shame!!! 😉