Home » Decorating & Home » Vintage » MCM Home Improvement: Built-Ins

August 13, 2010

MCM Home Improvement: Built-Ins

By Sablemable aka Jan

In yesterday’s mail I received a book that I had purchased from Ebay called (the) Handyman Book Of Built-Ins You Can Make.  The book was published in 1956 and has lots and lots of projects, plans included.  Yippee-skippee!

I decided to feature a room divider for today, so Readers!  Start your buzz saws!!!!!!

LIST OF MATERIALS NEEDED

PROJECT DIAGRAM

INSTRUCTIONS

I will gladly  email the plans and instructions to you; simply contact me, but please don’t send me spam or else I will hunt you down and mop the MCM floor up with you!

Would you like to see more DIY projects featured, Readers?  There are bathroom vanities, bookcases, hide-away dining tables, etc. in this book; just name your poison and I’ll do my bit (pun intended)!

6 Responses to MCM Home Improvement: Built-Ins

1. Leah@ Storybook Ranch Reply

August 13, 2010 at 8:49 am

That is excellent! I’m so excited you found that book and I’m drooling to see more. I’d love to tackle this project and have the perfect place for it, but I think I’ll start with something a little more simple. Have a great weekend!

August 13, 2010 at 12:04 pm

OH.MY.DEAR.LORD!!!!! This EXACT same room divider was in my “possibility/to expensive for now” house!!!!!!! It was floor to ceiling and with no bookcase on the bottom, and no backing – just totally open on both sides. As soon as I saw the divider I wondered if it had a backing originally. Definitely post more plans girl!!!! 🙂

August 13, 2010 at 3:25 pm

Oh, that is awesome! It is too bad I have absolutely NOWHERE in my house to put a room divider, or I would so be adding this to hubby’s very lengthy list of things to do!

I for one, would definitely love to see more vintage DIY projects featured, please keep it coming!

August 13, 2010 at 10:10 pm

I LOVE this! Very awesome. Please post more, I am dying to see the rest!

August 14, 2010 at 12:26 pm

Glad everyone loves these projects!!!!!!!

I will certainly post more!

6. Annie B. Reply